Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

White says Lesnar could return for UFC 114; champ welcomes fight with "stalker" Mir

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
With the silence finally broken, now the speculation can really begin.

After UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar (4-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) revealed on this morning's edition of ESPN's "SportsCenter" that he has been blessed with a miraculous recovery from a potentially career-ending case of diverticulosis , UFC president Dana White issued a generic target date of "summer" for the champ's return.

On a media call following the "SportsCenter" appearance, White and Lesnar both got a little more specific about the possibilities.

With the UFC's December announcement that it would hold its second-ever UFC Fan Expo in conjunction with a Memorial Day weekend event, believed to be UFC 114, White today admitted that scheduling the heavily anticipated return of Lesnar at that card might make sense.

LINK

Post #1   1/21/10 8:59:11AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
It's awesome that he's coming back. I like how Lesnar is with the media he always has funny comments.

Post #2   1/21/10 10:11:10AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:535-379
Chips:
i like to think that mir would be able to avenge his loss to lesnar but, i would really like to see carwin take on brock. however, since mir lost to lesnar hes put on alot of muscle and with that impressive victory over congo i think hes got allot better chance of winning if they fight again.

Post #3   1/21/10 11:26:58PM