Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC champ Brock Lesnar slams Canadian health care but ready to fight this summer

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar announced his "miracle" recovery from a career-threatening digestive disease Wednesday while slamming the health care he received in Canada after falling sick during a hunting trip.

Lesnar said his U.S. doctors were "dumbfounded" at his success in beating diverticulosis and avoiding major surgery to remove part of his colon.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/100120/sports/mma_ufc_lesnar_comeback

Post #1   1/20/10 8:02:33PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Chips:
As far as I'm concerned, Lesnar can stay out of Canada forever.

He's the one who abused his body, blaming Canada is the stupidest thing I've ever heard come out of his mouth.

Just when I was starting to warm up to this guy he shows his true colours.

Last edited 1/20/10 9:28PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: Removed fighter bashing.
2 total post edits

Post #2   1/20/10 8:05:56PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:1,973-1,091
Chips:
Dear brock, saying that you "love" canada over and over again doesn't change the fact that you sound like a complete idiot while you criticize our health care system.

Post #3   1/20/10 8:45:28PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Lol sorry Brock but our health care is awsome, been to both and yours sucks. I needed 18 different things that weren't really needed according to your doc's.

Post #4   1/20/10 8:54:00PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,690-1,487
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Just when I was starting to warm up to this guy he shows his true colours.

Seriously? He doesn't like the Canadian healthcare system, so he's an ignorant a**hole? Let's not get butt-hurt here guys. It's not like he was talkiing about anyone's mama.

Last edited 1/20/10 9:28PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: Removed fighter bashing from original quote.

Post #5   1/20/10 9:10:51PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,171-1,277
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I dont think he slammed it so much as just wasn't a fan. As a Canadian, who cares?

Post #6   1/20/10 9:23:29PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Just when I was starting to warm up to this guy he shows his true colours, ignorant a*hole.

Seriously? He doesn't like the Canadian healthcare system, so he's an ignorant a**hole? Let's not get butt-hurt here guys. It's not like he was talkiing about anyone's mama.

I would say calling a health care system that your not familiar with a 'Third World' one, based on one experience.....yeah I'd say thats igorant.

Heres my take on health care Canada vs USA

In Canada.....If you’re rich, then Canadian health care is a joke.
In the USA....If you’re poor, then American Health care is a joke.

Now which population has a happier majority?

Last edited 1/20/10 9:38PM server time by crushedbacon
Edit note/reason: gram
2 total post edits

Post #7   1/20/10 9:26:05PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Just when I was starting to warm up to this guy he shows his true colours, ignorant a*hole.

"They couldn't do nothing for me," he noted in a later media conference call Wednesday. "It was like I was in a Third World country." ----ignorant

I'm speaking on behalf of Americans ----ignorant

"I'm not bashing the Canadian health care, I'm not bashing it at all. I'm a U.S. citizen,. It just so happens I was in Canada. If I would have been in Thailand or Puerto Rico, I would want to get back to the United States, in my homeland, to get my health care." ------lucky you have money, ignorant

"I was just feeling sick, for the longest time throughout my training camp preparing for Carwin," he told the sports news station. "My camp wasn't going well. I missed almost three weeks of training camp. . . I kept going to the doctor, couldn't find out what the problem was." -------American doctors??? ignorant

Post #8   1/20/10 9:29:26PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-468
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

I dont think he slammed it so much as just wasn't a fan. As a Canadian, who cares?

Exactly. He's entitled to his opinion so what if he prefers American health care it's his choice.

Post #9   1/20/10 9:50:43PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Gogoplatapus

"They couldn't do nothing for me," he noted in a later media conference call Wednesday. "It was like I was in a Third World country." ----ignorant

I'm speaking on behalf of Americans ----ignorant

"I'm not bashing the Canadian health care, I'm not bashing it at all. I'm a U.S. citizen,. It just so happens I was in Canada. If I would have been in Thailand or Puerto Rico, I would want to get back to the United States, in my homeland, to get my health care." ------lucky you have money, ignorant

"I was just feeling sick, for the longest time throughout my training camp preparing for Carwin," he told the sports news station. "My camp wasn't going well. I missed almost three weeks of training camp. . . I kept going to the doctor, couldn't find out what the problem was." -------American doctors??? ignorant

You're reading too much into it. My point was...who cares? Why get so bent? It's not like he beat up your kid sister.

Post #10   1/20/10 9:51:17PM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:
If he would have got the CT scan that the CANADIAN heath care suggested instead of refusing he would have avoided this whole mess. So yes I think canadian heath care sucks when you don't give a crap what the doc thinks... Maybe listen to them brock, then make your decision!

Post #11   1/20/10 9:51:25PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Chips:
Posted by grappler0000 You're reading too much into it. My point was...who cares? Why get so bent? It's not like he beat up your kid sister

I'm very proud of Canada's health care system and I take it very personally when it is criticized by someone who has no business saying anything about it.

There's a reason Tommy Douglas is the greatest Canadian.

Post #12   1/20/10 10:14:59PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by haggiswashere

If he would have got the CT scan that the CANADIAN heath care suggested instead of refusing he would have avoided this whole mess. So yes I think canadian heath care sucks when you don't give a crap what the doc thinks... Maybe listen to them brock, then make your decision!

Ohhhhh sniiiiipe.

Post #13   1/20/10 10:29:02PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by haggiswashere

Actually, it was in America when he refused the CT scan.

Post #14   1/20/10 10:40:36PM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,486-770
Chips:
"Probably the lowest moment was getting care from Canada."

"They couldn't do nothing for me,". "It was like I was in a Third World country."

lol props to lesner

as to TS i find it sad and amusing that someone can get so offender cause a fighter complained about the health-care from their country

Post #15   1/20/10 11:22:28PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2