Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

MMA games you didn't know about

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,023-1,136
Chips:
Heres a top 10 of MMA games you had no idea existed... well for me anyways. I knew about 1 or 2 out of the 10 and some of em' actually look kinda good.

Linkage

Post #1   1/20/10 11:09:52AM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,369-1,414
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
the only one i probably would play is fire pro wrestling...

Post #2   1/20/10 12:40:40PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,263-1,218
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Actually looked like it could be a bit of fun. Some of those other ones looked horrible.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   1/20/10 3:36:16PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Actually looked like it could be a bit of fun. Some of those other ones looked horrible.

Should have Been #1 I gonna check around online for a download

Post #4   1/20/10 4:18:43PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Chips:
^^^^^^^Let me know if you find anything. I looked for a bit but couldn't find it.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #5   1/20/10 4:34:40PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Chips:
I've been lookin around and found this

The Most Awesome Thing Ever In The History Of Awesomeness

I guess fire pro wrestling was a PS2 game and there is an entire website devoted to modding the game

Edit fixin Link

Last edited 1/20/10 4:40PM server time by CwB
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   1/20/10 4:38:46PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Chips:

Posted by CwB

I've been lookin around and found this

The Most Awesome Thing Ever In The History Of Awesomeness

I guess fire pro wrestling was a PS2 game and there is an entire website devoted to modding the game

Edit fixin Link

Gotta spread the love or else I would prop you till there was no tomorrow. That game looks absolutely amazing!!! I watched the Fedor vs Barnett fight some dude made and it was sick. Watching the video you posted, I couldn't believe all the different sub attempts and the old school ufc rings!!! I am going to own this game soon

Post #7   1/20/10 5:08:56PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kopower

^^^^^^^Let me know if you find anything. I looked for a bit but couldn't find it.

you can get the game online for ten dollars...

The vid link I posted has a link to the website in the description where you can find the Mods to add all sorts of extra MMA content (watch the video everyone from Kimbo Slice to Dana White is included with pride ring UFC cage and even Affliction ring)

The website with the mods has all the tools to help you install the packs into your game (Looks like you may have to be a little tech savvy)

Too bad for me I dont have a ps2 Damn... (used Ps2 60$)

Maybe one day I will buy the stuff necessary to play this game, but until then I will keep my eyes open for a free download version

Edit : (And KO you will be the first to know if I find it)

Last edited 1/20/10 5:14PM server time by CwB

Post #8   1/20/10 5:11:35PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,486-872
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I own Firepro 2.
It is amazing!
The graphics aren't great but you can do:

K1 matches
MMA matches
Pro wrestling matches

The create a character is very,very,good. You can even give your characters a small biography. You can also break them into factions or groups.
Example: All your created or already exsisting fighters can be put into factions. So you can create a whole stable of PRIDE Fighters, UFC fighters,etc.
Right off the bat,here's some of the characters you can play as:

Fedor,Nog,Rickson,Barnett,SakurabaDon Frye,Bob Sapp,Giant Silva,Gary Goodridge,Antonio Inoki,

However,you have to rename them. Example, Rickson Gracies name is something like "Ronson Stacy".

A word of warning. Firepro is not a button masher. You may get very,very,frustarted at first.

PS: WWF no mercy on N64 can be modded as a great MMA game.

Last edited 1/20/10 8:37PM server time by mrsmiley
2 total post edits

Post #9   1/20/10 8:33:48PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

I own Firepro 2.
It is amazing!

K1 matches
MMA matches
Pro wrestling matches

The create a character is very,very,good. You can even give your characters a small biography. You can also break them into factions or groups.
Example: All your created or already exsisting fighters can be put into factions. So you can create a whole stable of PRIDE Fighters, UFC fighters,etc.

Fedor,Nog,Rickson,Barnett,SakurabaDon Frye,Bob Sapp,Giant Silva,Gary Goodridge,Antonio Inoki,

However,you have to rename them. Example, Rickson Gracies name is something like "Ronson Stacy".

A word of warning. Firepro is not a button masher. You may get very,very,frustarted at first.

What system is fire pro 2 for?

Post #10   1/20/10 8:42:22PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,369-1,414
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

i watched the video they posted up..and saw anderson silva,the pioneers(dan,saku,vitor)..does that mean i have to create them?..or any of the fighters that i want....and the more i look at it..man i wish i never traded in my ps2..i really want to own this game now..it looks like there's a bunch of styles you can use in this game..i checked gamefaqs and it list rampage jackson as a playable fighter..badas*

p.s. i also noticed in the video that it shows the Pitbull and he's in the affliction ring..how does that happen..when affliction started only a year or so ago..one more thing..look very close and you can see Kimbo in it too..lol

Last edited 1/20/10 10:58PM server time by rhythmandstyle
3 total post edits

Post #11   1/20/10 10:54:38PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Posted by mrsmiley

i watched the video they posted up..and saw anderson silva,the pioneers(dan,saku,vitor)..does that mean i have to create them?..or any of the fighters that i want....and the more i look at it..man i wish i never traded in my ps2..i really want to own this game now..it looks like there's a bunch of styles you can use in this game..i checked gamefaqs and it list rampage jackson as a playable fighter..badas*

p.s. i also noticed in the video that it shows the Pitbull and he's in the affliction ring..how does that happen..when affliction started only a year or so ago..one more thing..look very close and you can see Kimbo in it too..lol

Apparently there is a website devoted to this game and just like the new ufc game, there are people that create all the fighters, rings and organizations so you can download them to your ps2 memory card. I just bought the game tonight and can't wait to get going on it. I thought I saw in the video that cwb posted, someone pull of a flying arm bar

Post #12   1/20/10 11:19:29PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

I own Firepro 2.
It is amazing!

K1 matches
MMA matches
Pro wrestling matches

Have you downloaded anything from the fire pro club website? Just wondering how easy it is to get from the computer on to the ps2 memory card. From what I am finding, one would need something like a ar max to make the updates work.

Last edited 1/21/10 12:40AM server time by kopower
Edit note/reason: na

Post #13   1/20/10 11:35:11PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Chips:

Posted by CwB

Posted by mrsmiley

I own Firepro 2.
It is amazing!

K1 matches
MMA matches
Pro wrestling matches

What system is fire pro 2 for?

I have it for PS2.

Post #14   1/21/10 6:27:33AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Posted by mrsmiley

Another great thing about Firepro is that you can create your own ring to fight in as well. So you can actually create the PRIDE or Affliction Logo and then create a stable of fighters for that org.
Yes Rampage is a playable fighter. Their's so many I can't remember them all! I 'm pretty sure Royce is playable right off the bat as well along with Anderson.
Keep the FAQ in handy,because the controls on character creation are very bizzare and take a while to learn. Once you learn them their easy,just not something you'll be accustomed to.

Post #15   1/21/10 6:32:16AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2