Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mike Brown Not Waiting Around For Title Shot

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,559-1,524
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Former World Extreme Cagefighting featherweight titleholder Mike Brown could wait to fight the winner of Jose Aldo and Urijah Faber, but he has no plans on waiting that long before getting back in action.“I want to stay busy. I want to fight another one, like, as soon as possible,” Brown told MMAWeekly.com.

Link

Post #1   1/20/10 9:41:27AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Brown should have to take another fight to even get a title shot IMO, because he beat a guy that is 10-7 and a WEC newbie. That doesnt deserve a title shot right away. He needs to fight somone more legit this time.

Post #2   1/20/10 11:11:29AM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
yeah, he needs to beat up uriah again after uriah loses to aldo

whether or not he deserves it...i don't know? i mean who else at the moment? The fact that it's available to him but he'd rather fight instead of waiting is cool to me.

Disclaimer:
Uriah may very well win...i'm just assuming Aldo is more than he can handle based on what we've seen.

Post #3   1/20/10 5:15:26PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Brown should have to take another fight to even get a title shot IMO, because he beat a guy that is 10-7 and a WEC newbie. That doesnt deserve a title shot right away. He needs to fight somone more legit this time.

FW isn't that deep in the WEC. I do agree he should fight one more fight especially since he has to wait for Aldo-Faber anyway, but I doubt it will be anybody spectacular thats a huge challenge unless that search overseas like they did for Miguel Torres that fight before Bowles.

Post #4   1/20/10 5:47:51PM