Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rich Franklin's hernia surgery successful, UFC return still targeted for spring

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,320-1,389
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Former UFC middleweight champion and veteran fighter Rich Franklin underwent successful hernia surgery last week and still expects to return to the octagon this spring.J.T. Stewart, Franklin's business manager, shared the news with the Dayton Daily News, a content partner site of MMAjunkie.com.Franklin slotted the Jan. 12 surgery after a busy 2009 fight schedule continually forced him to postpone the procedure.

Link

Post #1   1/18/10 11:26:00AM   

MiniMan

Standup Guy

MiniMan Avatar

Career:38-27
Chips:
Hernia's aint to bad, I got one from some rough bedroom play! I delt with it!!

War Rich and hope him the best of luck!

Post #2   1/18/10 11:28:31AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
This is good news I really like Rich. I hope he can stay competetive in the UFC he's dropped a couple of his last fights but it wasn't like he was fighting slouches. There's no shame in losing a close decision to Henderson and getting TKOd by belfort. I think I'd like to see Franklin fight Shogun that could be cool. Or Randy if he needs a fight after beating Coleman.

Post #3   1/18/10 12:06:46PM