Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Elvis Sinosic?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BadSanta

Banned

Career:45-27
Chips:
I know that the UFC wants Bisping to win on his home turf but did they need to make it so obvious? Elvis "Human Punching Bag" Sinosic has more losses than wins in his MMA career and I can't remember the last time he won in the UFC.

If they want Bisping to be a UFC star, shouldn't they make him earn it by facing serious challenges?

Post #1   4/12/07 2:06:04AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
Like you say, its the easy win.

On the promos, Mike Golberg announced Bisping's opponent as the "Ever tough- ElVis Sinosic". He sure dont look that tough to me!

Post #2   4/12/07 6:11:22AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
While I highly doubt it will happen, this is the year of the upset. Pride probably had Sokoudjou there to lose to Lil Nog , and look what happened. Showcasing fighter's to build them doesn't bother me , as long as the fight's entertaining. Sinosic isn't a top fighter , but at least he's usually willing to bring it. So even though I bet and picked Bisping, I've been shocked a lot in the last year. The good thing is it's got to make fighter's avoid looking past someone

Last edited 4/12/07 9:50AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   4/12/07 7:02:14AM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
Obviously the UFC don't want their poster boy and UK rep to lose in his first fight on home soil so they are giving him an easy fight, again. Absolute standard really.

Post #4   4/12/07 9:38:22AM   

www-WeLoan-us

Standup Guy

www-WeLoan-us Avatar

Career:258-161
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
The good thing about the UFC ANYTHING can happen...GSP vs Sierra, but I still think Bisping definitly wals away with a win. Elvis 's one good win was against Jeremy Horn. I agree with Hippy as long as he brings it who cares...

Post #5   4/12/07 9:48:10AM   

methodman_90

MMA Regular

methodman_90 Avatar

Career:84-41
Camp: The One' Hitta' Quitta's
Chips:
Like Joe Rogan said its a good fight to make Bisping look good. Elvis gave Forrest a good fight standing and I belive Bisping has better standup than Forrest so I can see Bisping knocking him out but he better be prepared to defend the takedown attempt from Elvis.

Post #6   4/12/07 10:00:12AM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

Like you say, its the easy win.

On the promos, Mike Golberg announced Bisping's opponent as the "Ever tough- ElVis Sinosic". He sure dont look that tough to me!

Bisping has the edge without a doubt, he's the next big thing in the eyes of dana and the ufc, Sinosec only ever faced the best in the ufc and thats probebly one of the reasons he never made it big. Bisping vs sinosec is a test for our brit because elvis has been around in the game along time and is experienced enough to make bisping use all his skills to win. Sinosec has won his last 4 fights on the trot so he's in shape, very experienced and i believe dangerous. He's got a golden chance to get his name back in the ufc. No one gave serra a chance and look what happened. theres no easy fight anymore. Fighters are so much better prepared than back in the old days so no fight can be called unless you get crocop vs sanchez in every event.

Post #7   4/12/07 10:43:55AM   

randyleprechaun

MMA Regular

randyleprechaun Avatar

Career:68-36
Chips:

Posted by nate22

Obviously the UFC don't want their poster boy and UK rep to lose in his first fight on home soil so they are giving him an easy fight, again. Absolute standard really.

Yeah they are taking the forrest griffin route with him. Bisping by k-o in round 1.

Post #8   4/12/07 1:01:32PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:
I wouldnt count Sinosic out so quick, he's tough as nails and his ground game is solid... In reference to the threadstarters comment about him having a losing record, 1st of all what does that matter, and secondly 2 of those losses come from cuts... you can't forget that this is the guy that armbarred Horn...

Personally I understand that Bisping is the heavy favorite, and with good reason... but I'm picking Sinosic as the upset of the night if he comes in ready...

Post #9   4/12/07 1:23:22PM   

SteedTheDeed

Standup Guy

SteedTheDeed Avatar

Career:786-501
Chips:
sinosic via flying armbar

Post #10   4/12/07 1:49:27PM   

GhettoRedneck

Learning to Sprawl

GhettoRedneck Avatar

Career:19-20
Chips:

Posted by BadSanta

I know that the UFC wants Bisping to win on his home turf but did they need to make it so obvious? Elvis "Human Punching Bag" Sinosic has more losses than wins in his MMA career and I can't remember the last time he won in the UFC.

If they want Bisping to be a UFC star, shouldn't they make him earn it by facing serious challenges?

Yea your right. It would be funny as heck if bisbing lost though

Post #11   4/12/07 2:11:14PM   

BerndRealBad

MMA Regular

BerndRealBad Avatar

Career:1,068-556
Chips:

Posted by nate22

Obviously the UFC don't want their poster boy and UK rep to lose in his first fight on home soil so they are giving him an easy fight, again.

Michael Bisping is the UFC's poster boy? Since?

Post #12   4/12/07 2:31:53PM   

VanellaL47

Learning to Sprawl

VanellaL47 Avatar

Career:210-138
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Elvis "The Human Punching Bag" hahahaha that made my day...very true though.

Post #13   4/12/07 2:43:43PM   

chentay2112

MMA Regular

chentay2112 Avatar

Career:63-46
Camp: We're #1
Chips:
as long as he makes a fight out of it i dont mind who the UFC put bisping in against

Post #14   4/12/07 3:33:45PM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:

Posted by BadSanta

No kiddin, look what they did to swick... made him fight a hard fight in his home turf, to bad he lost...

Post #15   4/12/07 6:36:48PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2