Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Paul Daley on Potential Koscheck Fight: 'That Fraggle Is Going to Get Rocked'

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,600-1,654
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Your both so right! Martin Kampmann isn't a top contender!

Last edited 1/14/10 11:14PM server time by jae_1833
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   1/14/10 11:12:22PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,420-1,317
Chips:

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by xdanish020

I don't think he's ever said he's the best....maybe stated he has the best striking at welterweight, which I agree with. But some of you guys are way too sensitive, Kos talks just as much crap as Daley....and it's not personal IMO, just to sell the fight more to the fans. I imagine if the fight gets signed, Kos will have some words for Daley as well.

i didnt say he said he was the best....he acts like hes the best already when hes won two fights, hes calling out Koscheck.. He talked a bunch of crap about Swick, Condit, and his last two opponents. Kos has a right to talk because hes been in there with the best in the world and held his own. Daley hasnt. He won his first two fights in the UFC. Kos however is the biggest test of his career. Well see how he does....

a true champion is humble

A lot of fighters act like they are the best....it's part of being a "fighter",...if you didn't think too highly of yourself, you should probably consider a different career. Just look at Tito Ortiz, I can't remember the last time he's won a fight and he still talks about himself like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. It's a fighters job to hype themselves....and Daley has beat 2 good fighters in the UFC, Kampmann was ranked and Hazelett might have the best submission game at WW.

Daley hasn't been in there with some of the best in the world? What about Jake Shields?

Regardless, I already said Kos will prob win a LNP decision, I just think that it won't be as easy as some of you think just basing it on Kos's wrestling background. Daley has improved his strength and takedown d big time and on the feet, he'll hurt Kos.

Post #17   1/14/10 11:52:08PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,533-897
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Kos could probably even win this fight on the feet TBH. Paul Daley's striking is overrated. His ground game is god awful. I hope Kos takes it down because Daley does have the ability to knock him out.

Come to think of it I'm not sure who to root for. Both guys are generally disrespectful and I'm not a fan of either.

Post #18   1/15/10 3:39:19AM   

Hideous

Learning to Sprawl

Career:229-178
Chips:
I hope Daley 'hazeletts' Kos - I see it in rd 1.

As to trash talk and thinking you are the best and what have you - I remember Chuck calling out Fedor!
For gods sake if a figher thinks it can improve his career and he backs it up - let him at it - teh psycological aspect of building up to a fight is as much part as the physical aspect..

Post #19   1/15/10 4:06:47AM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
I dont like Daley either but there is a hell of a lot of Paul Hate in here, and im not to sure why... I've seen plenty of fighters come in and talk just as much trash as Daley and half of them were getting as much love as Paul is getting hate...

This is a win lose situation for me I win because one of them has to lose, I lose because one of em has to win...

Im prayin for a double KO...

Post #20   1/15/10 5:56:22AM   

gsp69

MMA Regular

gsp69 Avatar

Career:505-397
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
i agree mate, kos needs taken out! he is 1 of the biggest trash talkers ther is!! think he wil get drawn in2 daleys mind games, try n stand with him and BANG!! lights out!! pride can b dangerous! and kos is def out 2 prove he is the man!!

i see it as round 1 or 2 ko 2 daley!!

Post #21   1/15/10 7:38:56AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by CwB

I dont like Daley either but there is a hell of a lot of Paul Hate in here, and im not to sure why... I've seen plenty of fighters come in and talk just as much trash as Daley and half of them were getting as much love as Paul is getting hate...

This is a win lose situation for me I win because one of them has to lose, I lose because one of em has to win...

Im prayin for a double KO...

Same reason there is a lot of Hardy and Bisping hate here

Post #22   1/15/10 8:34:00AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The reason there's a lot of Daley "hate" in here is quite simple.

As a whole, fans hate sh*t talkers. If you're cocky, arrogant, conceded...you're going to be hated.

I don't hate him, personally. I just don't see him winning this fight.

Post #23   1/15/10 9:45:05AM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

As a whole, fans hate sh*t talkers. If you're cocky, arrogant, conceded...you're going to be hated.

Exactly I mean come on the dude is cocky as any fighter I personally like the guy because I try to forget the crap being said and focus on the fighter. Thats why I have and always will be a Koscheck fan. I think this is a great fight for Koscheck and one that perhaps not rightfully put him as the number one contender. I think the hype that Daley has is pretty much based off him being able to knock people out.

Do I want to see Daley fight GSP....well kinda based on the fact that with that kinda power he can knock GSP out....that being said this is the perfect test for Daley if he can get past Koscheck he'll prolly have won a title shot in my book based on the fact I doubt the UFC will give it to the winner of Alves/Fitch even though they probably do deserve it more. Let's be honest though its all about marketability and Daley is red hot right now. People don't want to see GSP fight the same guy for the title that he destroyed so Daley is a perfect candidate and can you imagine if the Fight was in England? Everyone wants to see Daley get his face smashed in and GSP is a fan favorite. People are going to pay money to see the guy being shut up. Thats the scenario if he wins.

That being said this fight is perfect for Koscheck. He looked great against Rumble and will probably do the same thing to Daley. I think Daley def. has better power than Rumble but Koscheck did take some solid shots from Johnson in that fight and was OK so I'm excited for this fight. For once I think the fans may be on the side of Koscheck.

Last edited 1/15/10 3:07PM server time by DevonFoxy

Post #24   1/15/10 3:04:54PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,355-861
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:
you know what as much as kos could easily win this with his wrestling im not sure if he will.hes gonna try and make a statement and ko daley on the feet. and i see kos doing he is a powerful puncher and i dont think daley will be able to take a shot from kos.

Post #25   1/15/10 3:30:02PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hate4thestate

you know what as much as kos could easily win this with his wrestling im not sure if he will.hes gonna try and make a statement and ko daley on the feet. and i see kos doing he is a powerful puncher and i dont think daley will be able to take a shot from kos.

Kos can knock Daley out?? Daley has 1 TKO loss on his record and that was a dislocated thumb. If Paulo Thiago can KO Kos the Daley would most certainly do the same if they traded. Daley's stand up is as far ahead of Kos as Kos's wrestling is ahead of Daley's.

Do you want an Av bet? If Kos wins by KO you win, if Daley wins by KO I win. All other results null and void

Post #26   1/15/10 3:45:42PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Personally I think MMA would be a dull place without the cocky fighters who can hype a fight and bring some beef into it.

Post #27   1/15/10 3:48:50PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Post #28   1/15/10 4:01:56PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,420-1,317
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Kos could probably even win this fight on the feet TBH. Paul Daley's striking is overrated.

18 TKO's outta 23 wins says otherwise..

Last edited 1/15/10 11:18PM server time by xdanish020

Post #29   1/15/10 5:41:09PM   

TheBudCan

MMA Regular

TheBudCan Avatar

Career:2,358-1,390
Chips:
The big shock of this whole thread for me is that we are talking about Josh Koscheck being the victim of Paul Daley's talk! Koscheck will say something just as nutty as soon as a microphone is placed in his vicinity. He's talked about Diego Sanchez, he's talked about Dan Hardy, he's talked about Matt Hughes...it's only a matter of time.

Post #30   1/15/10 6:56:23PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4