Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dos Santos vs. Gonzaga Added To Versus UFC Show

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:
JDS is the truth. He's been naysayed against every opponent he's faced and kicked their asses. This fight will be no different. Dos Santos by KO.

Post #31   1/14/10 2:05:47AM   

joshjr

Josh "The Babyface Assassin"

joshjr Avatar

Career:538-351
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:

Posted by karn501

they really need to stop with vs I have to pay $20 for 120 more channels and the only one I would watch is vs every once in a while so this sucks but anyways dos santos is going to ko gg imo in the 1st or 2nd

Be glad you have Vs. I am a DirecTV sub and they do not have that station anymore. So I will not be seeing the fights anytime soon. Guess I could find a dish sub in my town to watch it on maybe if I am lucky.

Post #32   1/14/10 2:14:40AM   

joshjr

joshjr Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gsp69

dos santos wil destroy gonzaga!

I would not be so sure of that. Santos has been looking great but I think Gonzaga bring problems to the table for alot of fighters. Not for sure saying I think Gonzaga would win but Im not seeing a cake walk for Santos either. That being said I guess it could be since Gonzaga hasnt had a fight in awhile. We will see but I look for it to be a good fight.

Post #33   1/14/10 2:16:51AM   

joshjr

joshjr Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jocka

So Gonzaga is the gate keeper at HW, if Dos Santos gets the win here he should be right there is line for a tittle shot.

Dos Santos by KO in the first round.

No way. In my book he would need to fight Mir or Nog or Carwin or someone else that is of higher stature. I dont think Dan Hardy has earned a shot either. He has not faught Koscheck, Fitch, Alves, Hughes, GSP. I mean come on really how has the guy earned a title shot. I think Santos is on a roll and has done good but its time to beat a bigger name. If he beats Gonzage then test him one more time against even better and if he wins that then I would say yes I think he is ready.

Post #34   1/14/10 2:22:32AM   

joshjr

joshjr Avatar

Chips:

Posted by higdon10

I hate the fact that I dont have Versus. Hopefully come time for this DirecTv and them will figure something out. This sh*t is getting old fast

I hope for the same but DirecTV does not seem to be in any big hurry. I am suprised the UFC signed on Vs knowing alot of subs had been dropped and can not see those fights. WEC is one thing but the UFC come on.

Post #35   1/14/10 2:26:50AM   

jocka

In Full Mount

jocka Avatar

Career:237-170
Chips:

Posted by joshjr

Posted by jocka

So Gonzaga is the gate keeper at HW, if Dos Santos gets the win here he should be right there is line for a tittle shot.

Dos Santos by KO in the first round.

No way. In my book he would need to fight Mir or Nog or Carwin or someone else that is of higher stature. I dont think Dan Hardy has earned a shot either. He has not faught Koscheck, Fitch, Alves, Hughes, GSP. I mean come on really how has the guy earned a title shot. I think Santos is on a roll and has done good but its time to beat a bigger name. If he beats Gonzage then test him one more time against even better and if he wins that then I would say yes I think he is ready.

Well if it wasn't for the fact that Lesnar got sick Carwin would of got the tittle shot by beating Gonzaga. By the way i don't disagree with you, that means he could fights the looser of the Carwin/Mir and Nog/Valasquez fights.

At least we will know the 2 next title challengers soon and that will give Dos Santos time to fight another time.

All interesting except if NOG looses because these two won't fight. Still good fights either way.

Post #36   1/14/10 4:30:57PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3