Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dan Hardy Is A Legitimate Threat And Needs To Be Treated As Such

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
A friendly reminder to the GSP fans from Greg Jackson that anything can happen in MMA. He sees Dan Hardy as being in a position going into his fight with GSP similar to the one Matt Serra was in at UFC 69, when he shocked the world by TKOing GSP for the UFC Welterweight Title.

Article

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   1/13/10 1:16:18PM   

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:
every one is always a threat that being said gsp is going to embarrass hardy imo

Last edited 1/13/10 2:27PM server time by karn501
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   1/13/10 2:27:00PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
GSP is going to be all over Hardy. Takedown after takedown, GnP for 5 rnds. Pummel him like he did to Fitch. I give Dan Props. He can hang but all he realy has is the power punch. He could land one and shock the world....sure. I wouldnt bet the farm.

Post #3   1/13/10 5:30:21PM   

xAcidburNx

Standup Guy

xAcidburNx Avatar

Career:672-426
Chips:
this one isnt going five rounds. everyother guy who made it 4-5 rounds was a good-insanely good bjj black belt. if this goes to the ground. there will be blood.

Post #4   1/13/10 7:55:32PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Dan Hardy is a legitimate threat as much as Matt Serra was. Except no one knew Serra had the KO power. Hardy is going to get man handled in this one, dominated with the wrestling and the ground n pound.

Post #5   1/13/10 8:15:56PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:540-380
Chips:
he is a threat like serra, but GSP has even come along way since that fight. if he can dominate fitch and alves like he did, hardy will get owned, and for the first time ever i will be rooting for GSP. i just want to see hardy get destroyed and shut his mouth.

Post #6   1/13/10 8:39:22PM   

cheesy-maggot

MMA Regular

cheesy-maggot Avatar

Career:315-196
Camp: Camp Angio
Chips:
I guess I'll be one of few ones that says WAR DAN HARDY

Post #7   1/13/10 10:31:30PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,410-903
Chips:

Posted by xAcidburNx

this one isnt going five rounds. everyother guy who made it 4-5 rounds was a good-insanely good bjj black belt. if this goes to the ground. there will be blood.

Wasn't aware of Thiago Alves' black belt? And for Hardy only having a power punch...have you not seen him work the clinch? Did you not see him drop Davis?

That being said, I agree that this should be an easy fight for Georges, and I think he will play it safe and work takedowns for however long it takes.

Post #8   1/13/10 10:57:19PM   

xAcidburNx

Standup Guy

xAcidburNx Avatar

Career:672-426
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by xAcidburNx

Wasn't aware of Thiago Alves' black belt? And for Hardy only having a power punch...have you not seen him work the clinch? Did you not see him drop Davis?

That being said, I agree that this should be an easy fight for Georges, and I think he will play it safe and work takedowns for however long it takes.

your right. my bad. thiago is only a purple belt. that being said. he did a pretty decent job on the ground considering his opponent.

Post #9   1/13/10 11:42:01PM   

joshjr

Josh "The Babyface Assassin"

joshjr Avatar

Career:538-351
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
No one has an opinion on Hardy even getting a title shot? I do. He has not earned it. He has not taken out the top comp in the division. No wins over Fitch, Alves, Koscheck, Diego before he moved down, even Matt Hughes would be a good test for Hardy. Hardy is unproven in my eyes. That being said so are alot of the other up and comers even Swick. I like Swick but he needed to fight the better guys at 170 to. Its difficult for the UFC I am sure cause all the top guys have either lost to GSP or someone else so whats that leave really? I really dont know who I see giving GSP the best run for his money but I can tell you I dont think its Dan Hardy.

Post #10   1/14/10 2:31:40AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Man, I love GSP...but, for crying out loud, I can't wait until someone manhandles him in a fight. The incessant nuthugging is ridiculous. The UFC could have announced that GSP was going to fight an 8'10" polar bear with a 3rd degree blackbelt in BJJ and here are the responses we'd be getting on this site...

"Stupid polar bear doesn't stand a chance."
"GSP will kill this polar bear and wear its fur out of the octagon."
"That polar bear hasn't done anything to earn a shot. GSP by murder."

I don't disagree with the fact that GSP is a badass and he's (more than likely) going to dominate this fight, but I also can't wait until everyone realizes that he *is* human.

I hate it when there are dominant champions. This same argument can be made for BJ, Anderson and Fedor. I'd love for all of them to lose...soon!

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   1/14/10 10:02:52AM   

chubbud22

In Full Mount

chubbud22 Avatar

Career:642-418
Chips:

Posted by joshjr

No one has an opinion on Hardy even getting a title shot? I do. He has not earned it. He has not taken out the top comp in the division. No wins over Fitch, Alves, Koscheck, Diego before he moved down, even Matt Hughes would be a good test for Hardy. Hardy is unproven in my eyes. That being said so are alot of the other up and comers even Swick. I like Swick but he needed to fight the better guys at 170 to. Its difficult for the UFC I am sure cause all the top guys have either lost to GSP or someone else so whats that leave really? I really dont know who I see giving GSP the best run for his money but I can tell you I dont think its Dan Hardy.

GSP has already destroyed all of those guys bro. What does GSP have to fight the same guys over and over again BORING. At least there there giving the lion some fresh meat.

Post #12   1/14/10 11:35:13AM   

chubbud22

In Full Mount

chubbud22 Avatar

Career:642-418
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Man, I love GSP...but, for crying out loud, I can't wait until someone manhandles him in a fight. The incessant nuthugging is ridiculous. The UFC could have announced that GSP was going to fight an 8'10" polar bear with a 3rd degree blackbelt in BJJ and here are the responses we'd be getting on this site...

"Stupid polar bear doesn't stand a chance."
"GSP will kill this polar bear and wear its fur out of the octagon."
"That polar bear hasn't done anything to earn a shot. GSP by murder."

I don't disagree with the fact that GSP is a badass and he's (more than likely) going to dominate this fight, but I also can't wait until everyone realizes that he *is* human.

I hate it when there are dominant champions. This same argument can be made for BJ, Anderson and Fedor. I'd love for all of them to lose...soon!

Your just hating bud, when your the best, your the best. And every time some newbieIm not saying you are but I hear it all the time kos, or Alves or any one else is going to give GSP trouble he doesnt just win he makes them look stupid. What is Nate Diaz going to bump up to 170 and take out GSP

Last edited 1/14/10 11:42AM server time by chubbud22
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   1/14/10 11:40:17AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,410-903
Chips:
The 170 pound class in my eyes isn't exactly stacked, rather top heavy. And when you keep cycling the same contenders against a single champion, the audience is going to get tired of it. Who wants to see GSP dominate Fitch like an eighth grader again? Who wants to see GSP dominate a guy for five rounds having torn his groin? Who else has done more? They were going to give Swick the title shot, but like a lot of promised title shots, it didn't go the way it was supposed to.

Who's to say that Hardy won't throw a wrench into the 170 pound division much like Forrest Griffin did when he fought Rampage? I'm certainly no expert, but like Emfleek says GSP is human.

Post #14   1/14/10 11:42:20AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by chubbud22

Your just hating bud, when your the best, your the best. And every time some newbieIm not saying you are but I hear it all the time kos, or Alves or any one else is going to give GSP trouble he doesnt just win he makes them look stupid. What is Nate Diaz going to bump up to 170 and take out GSP

I understand all that. There's no "hating" about it. GSP has always been a favorite of mine. He usually wins and he usually dominates. But I'm tired of it. I'm ready for him to lose. I'm ready for the talent gap to close a bit. I'm ready for more competitive matchups. I'm ready for people to loosen the grip on his testicles and realize that he's human and he *can* be beaten.

Post #15   1/14/10 11:56:18AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2