Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

It's Official: BJ Penn to Defend 155-Pound Title Against Frankie Edgar

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,418-848
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I'm cheering for Edgar in this match-up!

Post #16   1/13/10 7:49:00AM   

fonduktoe

In Full Mount

fonduktoe Avatar

Career:1,466-909
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:

Posted by RyanC

Posted by fonduktoe
bj already kicked the crap outta stevenson. that's how he got the belt in the first place.

I realize that. It's been quite awhile since that happened, and Stevenson has been on a pretty good run lately. I was suggesting maybe a rematch was in order. Like I said there isn't much left for BJ at 155.

i don't see getting destroyed by florian and beat by sanchez as a pretty good run. he outpointed diaz and that's about it. i think we'd sooner see a florian rematch than a stevenson one.

Post #17   1/13/10 9:27:39AM   

originalconspiracy

Learning to Sprawl

originalconspiracy Avatar

Career:767-437
Chips:
LETS GO FRANKIE!

Post #18   1/13/10 11:17:19AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by fonduktoe

Posted by RyanC

Posted by fonduktoe
bj already kicked the crap outta stevenson. that's how he got the belt in the first place.

I realize that. It's been quite awhile since that happened, and Stevenson has been on a pretty good run lately. I was suggesting maybe a rematch was in order. Like I said there isn't much left for BJ at 155.

i don't see getting destroyed by florian and beat by sanchez as a pretty good run. he outpointed diaz and that's about it. i think we'd sooner see a florian rematch than a stevenson one.

He put a hurt on Spencer Fisher, too and looked really good in doing so. I'd like to see him get one more impressive win under his belt but I *do* want to see a rematch at some point in the future.*

* I would still pick BJ to win (and dominate).

Last edited 1/13/10 12:11PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #19   1/13/10 12:10:15PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:

Posted by fonduktoe

Emfleek mentioned it already, but you are leaving out Stevenson's last win against Fisher. He's not ready for a rematch yet, but another win or two, and it could at least be considered.

The point I was really trying to make is that there really isn't much of anything left for Penn at 155. If he beats Edgar, and Maynard you're basically back to rematches at that point. Maybe I'm missing someone, but after Edgar and Maynard he's beat pretty much everyone that has deserved a shot.

And honestly I don't really know what Edgar has done to deserve this shot. He beat Hermes Franka, Sean Sherk, and Matt Veach and he only finished one of those fights. Yet somehow he passes over Gray Maynard who is the last man to beat him, and is undefeated with 7 wins in his UFC career.

Post #20   1/13/10 10:19:34PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
fankie edgar will NOT be submitted unless bj mounts him. maybe people forgot that edgar is a total bjj badass. i do see bj killing him with that jab though. i'm talkin rockin edgar with that jab repeatedly.

Post #21   1/14/10 5:53:08AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,830-1,011
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
But bj mounts everyone he submits.

Post #22   1/14/10 6:37:16PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2