Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC Quick Quote: Gray Maynard isn't Kenny Florian

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
"The gameplan and technique went out the window once I saw that dude [Nate Diaz] across from me and I just wanted to throw. I saw his face and I wanted to fight. It was stupid but I hope you guys enjoyed it.... I ain't gonna make a cheesy speech about students and masters. If they want it, I'm here for [BJ Penn]. UFC if you want me to do it. Let’s fight."

-- CageWriter.com passes along the post-fight interview remarks from Gray Maynard that you didn't hear after he defeated Nate Diaz via split decision in the main event at UFC Fight Night 20 from the Patriot Center in Fairfax, Virginia.

Link

Post #1   1/12/10 1:39:58AM   

reyns84

Learning to Sprawl

Career:854-598
Chips:
I can't see Grey "the T-REX" Maynard making it passed 1 min. with Penn with the striking he showed last night. One of the most boring fights i seen in a while and he didn't even have to LnP. He looked like he was just swinging his stubby arms around like a T-Rex, looked like an amature.

Post #2   1/12/10 7:46:48AM   

BMF

MMA Regular

Career:1,905-1,364
Chips:
I'm still wondering how Maynard won the fight, 30-27 from one judge, come on. Diaz didn't even look like he was hurt and Maynard's face looked pretty beat up.

Diaz should have got the nod, but I'm not suprised in the dec, Rogan and Goldberg only talked about how great Maynard was during the fight, and I doubt anyone really like the Diaz brothers.

I'll enjoy the clinic Penn puts on Maynard.

Post #3   1/12/10 9:43:18AM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,338-1,248
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
If the same Gray that fought last night shows up to fight BJ @ 112, Gray is gonna get TKO'd.

Post #4   1/12/10 10:21:52AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,337-741
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BMF

I'm still wondering how Maynard won the fight, 30-27 from one judge, come on. Diaz didn't even look like he was hurt and Maynard's face looked pretty beat up.

Diaz should have got the nod, but I'm not suprised in the dec, Rogan and Goldberg only talked about how great Maynard was during the fight, and I doubt anyone really like the Diaz brothers.

I'll enjoy the clinic Penn puts on Maynard.

How is that Diaz should have got the nod? Because Maynard cuts easier?

Post #5   1/12/10 12:46:40PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I thought it was pretty clear that gray won the first two rounds and lost the third.

I guess I can see an argument for gray stealing the third round with the barrage at the end, but nate landed more shots and controlled more of the round.

Post #6   1/12/10 1:10:52PM