Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sam Stout

Print  
Posted By Message

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Rumors are his next fight is against Jeremy Stephens??

This I do not understand, Stout just battered Joe Lauzon..Lauzon beat Stephens. This makes no sense to me. Stout just beat a big name and now he is fighting the guy who Lauzon finished. I think Stout should be given a stern test, like Diego Sanchez or Clay Guida. Stout put on the best fight at 108 and impressed the hell out of me. He looks to have improved drastically in his td defense and even in his stand-up.

Not taking anything away from Stephens, he is a heavy hitter, but I believe Stout deserves a contender fight after that last performance.

And no, Im not Canadian haha. Im simple looking at this with logic and Stout should move up to the next level UP in competition...not down.

Post #1   1/11/10 3:29:19PM   

marcoDGK

Standup Guy

marcoDGK Avatar

Career:317-259
Camp: DGK
Chips:
Well, it might have something to do with Jeremy Stephens having 12 KO's and his only losses being 2 or 3 Submissions.

Maybe they want to see how Sam Stout does against another striker. Can he actually put someone away? Joe Lauzon blocked a lot of his shots and went all 3 rounds. Sam Stout has been choked out by Florian once and then gone to decision all his other fights in the UFC.

Jeremy Stephens is a contender enough. I wanna see that Stout not go to a decison. Jeremy has TKO'd Cole Miller and KO'd Rafael Dos Anjos. If Sam can get past Stephens without the decision I will be impressed.

Post #2   1/11/10 4:24:31PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
Stout vs Stephens would be a hell of a fight, I dont see this fight going to decision

Post #3   1/12/10 4:19:15PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I think Jeremy Stevens can, and I will even push it and say Jeremy Stevens is going to stop Sam Stout. I know Stouts taken some hard ones before but not somebody that hits as hard as Stevens. I think if anybody can do it, he can. Not to mention Stevens gots his explosiveness and wrestling to fall back on even though Stout has shown some pretty decent takedown defense lately. Sout-Wiman was an instant classic even though I thought he lost. But anyway I think Stephens takes him out,

Post #4   1/13/10 3:51:36PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,667-904
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by chickmagnet

Rumors are his next fight is against Jeremy Stephens??

This I do not understand, Stout just battered Joe Lauzon..Lauzon beat Stephens. This makes no sense to me. Stout just beat a big name and now he is fighting the guy who Lauzon finished. I think Stout should be given a stern test, like Diego Sanchez or Clay Guida. Stout put on the best fight at 108 and impressed the hell out of me. He looks to have improved drastically in his td defense and even in his stand-up.

Not taking anything away from Stephens, he is a heavy hitter, but I believe Stout deserves a contender fight after that last performance.

And no, Im not Canadian haha. Im simple looking at this with logic and Stout should move up to the next level UP in competition...not down.

Sam Stout is 4-4 in the UFC, and two of his victories came in the form of questionable decisions. He's not a contender but he's known to be an exciting striker.

Jeremy Stephens is another 4-4 fighter with a similar high-octane striking style. I think the match is good matchmaking and will be fun to watch.

Post #5   1/13/10 5:14:23PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by lohmann

Sam Stout is 4-4 in the UFC, and two of his victories came in the form of questionable decisions. He's not a contender but he's known to be an exciting striker.

Jeremy Stephens is another 4-4 fighter with a similar high-octane striking style. I think the match is good matchmaking and will be fun to watch.

People keep saying Stout is getting the raw end of the deal by getting Stephens after taking out J-Lau, but honestly J-Lau was coming off an injury and was not ranked as high as he once was. also, like lohmann pointed out, this is a good style match up and test for both guys, who both have upsides and are coming off of good performances.

Post #6   1/13/10 5:25:31PM