Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Imus

Print  
Your thoughts on Imus
Hang Him 3 14%
Give Him a Break 3 14%
Big Deal Black rip on Whites alll the time 15 71%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
Yeah I think it's so stupid!

It's fine until someone white says something. Blacks can talk, and trash white all day long without anything happening. It's just jokes, but if whites "just joke" we get called a racist? This makes no since at all! I don't think any race should get special treatment. Every race in history has when through horrible things.
People make racist comments about native Americans all the time, and nothing happens why? There race was nearly totally wiped out.

As far as Imus I'm not sure what all happened so not sure. I don't know him or ever heard him.

Posted by hcazlekker

Carlos Mencia, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle (three more examples)

Racism is great material for stand up comedians. Its funny how ignorant and stereotypical we can act sometimes.

I see the serious issues of reverse discrimination, and racism in general fading generation by generation. The most racist Americans I've met have been 40+. Given they grew up in the civil rights era, its understandable imo. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Last edited 4/13/07 8:09PM server time by shackle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   4/13/07 7:42:22PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,045-1,154
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by We_Todd_Did

My only problem with the issue is this (just a good example, there are many others):

If Imus loses his job over a small (albeit stupid) remark like that, shouldn't they throw Howard Stern in a pit and let every woman with even a hint of self-respect pelt him to death with big effin' rocks?But no, he has a 15 MILLION dollar contract....somethin about that smells awful bad to me...

I see your point, but I think the difference lies in the perception. Imus is considered a journalist by the mainstream media for some reason. He may think he's a comedian , like some of the guys you mentioned, but I don't think he very funny. Stern is just a shock jock, people listen to him for the lowest common denominator of humanity on purpose.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #17   4/14/07 1:12:34AM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by shackle
People make racist comments about native Americans all the time, and nothing happens why? There race was nearly totally wiped out.

Heh, I've actually pondered this recently, what if the two races were to switch places... Blacks were here first and we wiped out all but a few and we shipped in Indians for free labor. Would teenage white kids try to act cool by rain dancing and wearing face paint? Would mohawks be big?

Better yet, would we have baseball teams like the Atlanta Blackies and the Cleveland Tarbabies? What would be the indian equivalent of the "n" word?

Post #18   4/14/07 2:21:09AM   

deadcore

MMA Regular

deadcore Avatar

Career:69-52
Camp: FSC Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by We_Todd_Did

My only problem with the issue is this (just a good example, there are many others):

If Imus loses his job over a small (albeit stupid) remark like that, shouldn't they throw Howard Stern in a pit and let every woman with even a hint of self-respect pelt him to death with big effin' rocks?But no, he has a 15 MILLION dollar contract....somethin about that smells awful bad to me...

15 million dollar contract? he has a 500 million dollar contract. where you hear that 15 million shit at? imus ain't shit compared to stern. stern has more listeners on sirius than imus had on free radio.

Post #19   4/14/07 9:30:19AM   

We_Todd_Did

Standup Guy

We_Todd_Did Avatar

Career:205-129
Chips:

Posted by deadcore

Posted by We_Todd_Did

15 million dollar contract? he has a 500 million dollar contract. where you hear that 15 million shit at? imus ain't shit compared to stern. stern has more listeners on sirius than imus had on free radio.

500 million?Dear God....that kinda makes me wish for a friggin comet to wipe out humanity.Allowing someone to get paid that much for being unfunny filth is unforgivable.Then again, there's an awful lot of idiots that need to be entertained I guess.....

Yeah, Imus ain't shit compared to Stern.Shit ain't even shit compared to Stern.He's the shittiest

Post #20   4/16/07 1:46:58AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Its not as bad as it looks. I'm pretty sure thats 500 million over the course of 15 years or something like that.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #21   4/16/07 2:46:44AM   

deadcore

MMA Regular

deadcore Avatar

Career:69-52
Camp: FSC Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Its not as bad as it looks. I'm pretty sure thats 500 million over the course of 15 years or something like that.

its a 5 year contract. plus at the end of 2006 he was given a 85 million bonus for sirius having higher than expected subscribers.

Post #22   4/16/07 10:38:30AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2