Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Hermes Franca Retires

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Former UFC & WEC veteran Hermes Franca has called it a career. He retired following a TKO loss to Eric Wisely last night in Iowa, his 4th loss in his last 5 fights. His career peaked with a UFC Lightweight Title shot at UFC 77, but he lost then was suspended 1 year for a failed steroids test. He plans to rest then focus on training students at his gym in Syracuse, NY.

Article

Post #1   1/9/10 11:48:44AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,573-1,315
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Too bad, I always enjoyed watching Hermes fight.

And not to monkey-wrench a thread, but being the reason behind his failed test, I hope that years in the future we've reached a point in sports that using "steroids" for their healing properties is allowed if properly monitored to speed up the healing of injuries in ways that do not have long term effects; as has already been shown can be done.

But I digress; hope all goes well for Hermes in his teaching.

Post #2   1/9/10 11:54:35AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Too bad, I always enjoyed watching Hermes fight.

And not to monkey-wrench a thread, but being the reason behind his failed test, I hope that years in the future we've reached a point in sports that using "steroids" for their healing properties is allowed if properly monitored to speed up the healing of injuries in ways that do not have long term effects; as has already been shown can be done.

But I digress; hope all goes well for Hermes in his teaching.

I agree with every single thing you said in this post. Props

Hermes was a hell of a competitor. He was unorthodox, but efficient. Always game. MMA should miss a fighter like Hermes Franca. A fighter who will probably never get his full dues

Post #3   1/9/10 12:03:08PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,297-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Good luck to him in the future. He seemed like a laid back dude that was a very respectful fighter. I've always liked him

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #4   1/9/10 12:25:17PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
As a fighter he was good coming into that title shot, but after that the drug test and personal issues (and legal problems) ultimately got the better of him. If not for those I think he'd still be fighting.

Post #5   1/9/10 1:17:42PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
he has lost 4 of the last 5 fights but he always put up a good fight. at least hes teaching people instead of acting. spread the knowledge HERMES!

Post #6   1/9/10 2:35:40PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i always enjoyed a hermes franca fight win or lose
i am glad i saw him fight live

Post #7   1/9/10 3:05:59PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,468-851
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I enjoyed watching his fights, and I will miss his personality in the ring. He was a talented fighter that often didn't fight to the best of his abilities but he always showed up ready for war. Best wishes for Hermes Franca.

Post #8   1/9/10 10:52:06PM