Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

After initial hesitation, "Cheesesteak" Morrison ready to eat as WEC 46 nears

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
SACRAMENTO, Calif. ā€“ Recent WEC signee Anthony "Cheesesteak" Morrison (15-7 MMA, 0-0 WEC) didn't get his nickname by accident, so you can almost imagine what he was doing when he received his call to the big leagues.

"I was on my way back home from going to Max's Cheesesteaks," Morrison recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "They called me and were like, 'Are you sitting down?' I don't like surprises, so I was like, 'What's up?' They said, 'You've got an opportunity to fight Mike Brown in the WEC.'"

Morrison's first answer might not be exactly what you'd expect to hear, though the response is undeniably understandable.

"I said, 'I don't know,'" Morrison said. "I ain't even gonna front. I was like, 'I don't know.'

"I talked to my wife, and she was kind of scared. I talked to her, and my coach talked to her, SuckerPunch Entertainment president Brian Butler talked to her. We all got on the phone, we all conversed, and here I am. I got my team behind me, and I'm here, ready to work."

Link

Post #1   1/8/10 8:16:14PM   

marcoDGK

Standup Guy

marcoDGK Avatar

Career:317-259
Camp: DGK
Chips:
My first thought was maybe he shouldn't fight if he is hesitating. I read the article and I still kinda think that.

But he did say he said he's not looking back and training hard. Hope he gets the upset.

Post #2   1/9/10 10:04:07PM