Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Paul Daley Hints at Fight with Josh Koscheck

Print  
Posted By Message

BrutalKnockOut

MMA Regular

BrutalKnockOut Avatar

Career:466-310
Camp: Team Takeover
Chips:
Paul Daley hints at fight with Josh Koscheck

Daley seems to believe a "fraggle haired" fella is next for him in the octagon!

Post #1   1/7/10 5:50:12PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,311-856
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Now Koscheck has the strength reguired to take Daley down.

the only question is, will he be smart enough to actually do that.

Post #2   1/7/10 6:56:26PM   

marcoDGK

Standup Guy

marcoDGK Avatar

Career:332-275
Camp: DGK
Chips:
that is pretty amusing. I wonder where Daley posted that up at.

Post #3   1/7/10 6:59:01PM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
If Koscheck uses his wrestling to take daley down, he could win by either TKO, submission, or decision.

If Koscheck chooses to stand with Dailey, He'd likely get knocked out...

Post #4   1/7/10 8:03:38PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
I don't like this fight as a fan as much as Daley/Alves, but it does more career-wise for the winner and will answer questions about both fighters.

Sure, Kos scored some real nice takedowns on Rumble, but some of that was due to leverage. Taking nothing away from Kos, it's just that Rumble's height and frame may have hurt him there.

No, Kos has historically faltered against the stout, strong strikers like Alves. GSP has pretty much the perfect frame for 170 at the moment - he's tall enough to have a good reach, but he's short enough to still be relatively compact with a low center of gravity. You look at a guy like Daley and he's got a build similar to Alves. If he's worked on his ground game and sprawl like he says he has, it could be a bad night for Kos.

It's obvious that the fight favors Kos on the ground. Beyond that, I think the deciding factor for him will be speed, and to a lesser extent, cardio. Sure, he'll need some raw power to help with takedowns, but it's hard to outmuscle a guy like Daley unless you're already big or you take a year plus to bulk up. He could surprise me and come in with enough strength to deal with Daley's, but I think his best bet is to be smart standing, let Daley know he's there, but to intelligently counter Daley's strikes with explosive takedowns without buying into feints.

It's a very interesting match-up. I look forward to it, a lot more than Daley/Fitch. I love Fitch enough to not want to see the less likely outcome of him getting knocked out, but I'm not thrilled about the more likely outcome of a 3 round attrition. Fitch could get the sub which would be great, but I think it would be workmanlike as opposed to brilliant, and it wouldn't really show us anything new from him that would merit another title shot.

Post #5   1/7/10 8:40:18PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,660-1,415
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i agree stand and bang he will get koe'd
play it smart make it a wrestling match he will win by sub

Post #6   1/7/10 9:37:37PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,618-946
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
As long as Kos doesn't get dumb he'll win easily. If he wants to stand and bang it could go either way.

I won't be rooting for either fighter. I dislike both of them. Maybe we'll see another Maynard vs Emerson? I can only hope.

Post #7   1/7/10 9:49:22PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:
Koscheck is a pretty big step up in competition, I don't see Daley being able to handle his wrestling and athleticism.

Post #8   1/7/10 10:19:40PM   

spikerman19

Standup Guy

spikerman19 Avatar

Career:266-174
Camp: Norcal Fight Team
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

As long as Kos doesn't get dumb he'll win easily. If he wants to stand and bang it could go either way.

I won't be rooting for either fighter. I dislike both of them. Maybe we'll see another Maynard vs Emerson? I can only hope.

I do not think Koscheck would stand in front of Daley like an albino bearded punching bag would do.

Post #9   1/7/10 10:20:32PM