Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Nik Lentz: No More Mr. Tough Guy

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
A former pre-med major with a penchant for video games – or as he’d tell you in his own words, “kind of a nerd” – Nik Lentz is the last person you’d expect to sign up for a fight on a whim.

“It was a sudden idea,” he says. “I looked into what it would take to get myself into a local show and just did it. I won by KO and realized I was well-suited for fighting, so after that, I decided to start training in jiu-jitsu and…”

Wait. Fight first, train later? The so-called geek walked into things with no preparation?

“I mean, I wrestled in college,” he explains. “But yeah, basically.”

Link

Post #1   1/7/10 1:32:38AM   

boarderxcosta

Learning to Sprawl

boarderxcosta Avatar

Career:679-523
Chips:
Good post.
I started watching fights of this guy a while ago. I love how strong he seems and he never lets his opponent of the hook for a second. He is always pressuring constantly and is very solid on the ground and in the clinch on the cage. Stand-up is pretty decent too. I pick him to win this next fight too.
Crazy that he never trained before his first fight other than his wrestling background.

He is a nice guy and he posts on mixedmartialarts.com . He trains with Sherk right?

Post #2   1/7/10 2:59:24AM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:

Posted by boarderxcosta

He trains with Sherk right?

Yep. He trains at Minnesota Martial Arts with Sherk, Brock Lesnar before his injury, and Brock Larson.

Here is the camp. Link

Post #3   1/7/10 3:05:53AM