Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Pre-fight injury rumors prove partially true; Thiago Silva's back ailing prior to UFC 108

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Prior to his UFC 108 main-event contest with Rashad Evans (14-1-1 MMA, 9-1-1 UFC), Brazilian slugger Thiago Silva (14-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC) was rumored to be suffering from a serious ankle injury.

"The rumor came out that it was an ankle injury," Davis said. "Actually, it was not an ankle injury; it was a back injury.

Link

Post #1   1/5/10 12:49:29AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Come on now ........If you lose you lose dont bring up the injury now shouldnt have fought if he was hurt. I hate hearing BS like this.......If your hurt before the fight you dont fight simple.

Post #2   1/5/10 11:46:06AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by sparky

Come on now ........If you lose you lose dont bring up the injury now shouldnt have fought if he was hurt. I hate hearing BS like this.......If your hurt before the fight you dont fight simple.

you probably should read the article man, its not thiago saying this, its his coach. also, he said that hes not trying to make excuses and that evans probably would have gotten the TDs anyways, and says he didnt want greg jackson to know about the injury, not to mention the fact that had he dropped out this card may have had to have been scrapped.

sure it gets old hearing fighters say stuff like this, and we all know that everyone fights dinged up, but judging by your post you read the title and not the article, and that leads to jumping to conclusions.

Post #3   1/5/10 11:51:19AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by sparky

you probably should read the article man, its not thiago saying this, its his coach. also, he said that hes not trying to make excuses and that evans probably would have gotten the TDs anyways, and says he didnt want greg jackson to know about the injury, not to mention the fact that had he dropped out this card may have had to have been scrapped.

sure it gets old hearing fighters say stuff like this, and we all know that everyone fights dinged up, but judging by your post you read the title and not the article, and that leads to jumping to conclusions.

+1

I thought the same thing and clicked to read the article just to make sure, but I couldn't get the link to work for me for some reason.

Post #4   1/5/10 11:52:24AM   

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:

Posted by emfleek+1

I thought the same thing and clicked to read the article just to make sure, but I couldn't get the link to work for me for some reason.

it wouldn't work for me either

Post #5   1/5/10 12:13:57PM