Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC and M1 reopen talks, White hopefull for emelianenko and mousasi

Print  
Posted By Message

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:
link
Apparently, the Ultimate Fighting Championship's door hasn't completely closed on notables Fedor Emelianenko and Gegard Mousasi.

Although the M-1 fighters are signed in the U.S. to Strikeforce and past negotiations with the UFC fell apart, UFC president Dana White said he recently reopened talks with M-1 Global boss Vadim Finkelstein.

White wouldn't elaborate on the nature of the discussions, only saying they've taken place "more recently than you would think." But Finkelstein has since confirmed he's entered talks and hopes "fans will be happy this time" with the outcome

Post #1   1/4/10 2:19:53PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Meh. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Post #2   1/4/10 2:21:51PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Mousasi give M-1 even more barganing power. Now they don't just have one fighter Dana wants they have two. Be prepared to be held over the coals Dana. I will say I want to see Gagard in the UFC more then Fedor, the only fight I really care to see Gegard in outside of the UFC is Danny.

Post #3   1/4/10 2:28:09PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
every time dana talks about this i hold out a little less hope that it will really happen, and right now my hope reservoirs are about empty. im waiting for the day that i wake up and hop online and see that they signed fedor(and gegard too for that matter) without any prior buildup, that would be a day ice cube could do a song about.

Post #4   1/4/10 2:32:02PM   

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

every time dana talks about this i hold out a little less hope that it will really happen, and right now my hope reservoirs are about empty. im waiting for the day that i wake up and hop online and see that they signed fedor(and gegard too for that matter) without any prior buildup, that would be a day ice cube could do a song about.

lol good stuff

i don't see either party budging on their terms so i don't understand why they try to get peoples hopes up i'll believe this when i see fedor step in the octagon until then i can only say dana likes messing with people

Post #5   1/4/10 2:40:58PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
i hope they stay in strikeforce. I mean, i 'd love to see the matchups that could happen in the UFC but i really want to see other promotions grow. It's better for the sport in general if UFC gets some competition.

Post #6   1/4/10 3:40:57PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by MaxOne

i hope they stay in strikeforce. I mean, i 'd love to see the matchups that could happen in the UFC but i really want to see other promotions grow. It's better for the sport in general if UFC gets some competition.

I generally agree with you, but with Gegard and Fedor, they are just too damn good to fight outside of the promotion with the best competition.

Post #7   1/4/10 5:01:57PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,175-1,292
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
Dana knows without Fedor and Gegard, Strikeforce will start to struggle a little.

thats enough for him to rollover and try again.

if it works I wanna see

Mousasi vs Forrest
Fedor vs Dos Santos

as thier first matchups.

(but not getting my hopes up)

Post #8   1/4/10 5:41:38PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,667-904
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Mayhem13

Dana knows without Fedor and Gegard, Strikeforce will start to struggle a little.

thats enough for him to rollover and try again.

if it works I wanna see

Mousasi vs Forrest
Fedor vs Dos Santos

as thier first matchups.

(but not getting my hopes up)

Dana White has repeatedly said that, should the UFC acquire Fedor Emelianenko, his first fight will be for the UFC heavyweight title. M-1 would probably write that promise into any negotiations too.

Would love to see Mousasi grow old and legendary in the UFC.

Post #9   1/4/10 5:45:28PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
Man that would leave Dan Henderson with absolutly 0 fights outside of the UFC.

All i can think of evertime i read these articles is this little guy ----------->

Post #10   1/4/10 5:47:10PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,297-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Not getting my hopes up either. Besides, I'd rather see Gegard fight Hendo first and Fedor destroy Overeem.

Hopefully Brock can come back 100% and by that time reel Fedor in. Fedor is getting up there in age so I'd be more excited with the signing of Gegard

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #11   1/4/10 5:47:13PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,175-1,292
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:

Posted by lohmann

Posted by Mayhem13

Dana White has repeatedly said that, should the UFC acquire Fedor Emelianenko, his first fight will be for the UFC heavyweight title. M-1 would probably write that promise into any negotiations too.

I know, the HW title picture is such a disaster right now though with Brock out, and Mir vs Carwin for the interim..and that leaves Dos Santos and the Nog/Cain winner out in the dark.

I just figured that would help solve the contender crap...plus a kickass match id like to see

although I agree M1 would have it written in for an imediate title shot (tought its weird they didnt in Strikeforce)

Post #12   1/4/10 5:55:29PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
I will believe it when i see it........other then that i don't care to keep hearing about it.......All Dana is doing at this point is helping promote Strikeforce.......

Post #13   1/4/10 6:03:43PM   

hails

MMA Regular

hails Avatar

Career:400-274
Camp: Team Bushido
Chips:
Sorry guys but this will never happen!!!

Do you think that Dana was just stirring the pot!!!

Post #14   1/4/10 7:54:32PM