Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Historic First MMA Event Scheduled for Washington DC

Print  
Posted By Message

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
link

It was only a matter of time! While states like Nevada and California have long seen mixed martial arts as a valid offering and a way to earn income, there are still notable holdouts in major states’ acceptance of the sport. New York has yet to give the green light to MMA, though it’s expected to soon, as Washington DC has recently.

To wit, the first ever mixed martial event in Washington DC will be held May 12th at the DC Armory, after the DC Boxing & Wrestling Commission adopted the unified rules for MMA earlier this year. The event will offer fighters from Chute Boxe, American Top Team, and others, including fighters from local stand out BJJ organizations like Team Balance’s Tim Carpenter and Yamasaki’s Ron Foster.

Post #1   4/11/07 2:03:33AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
I'll be there. I was born and raised in DC. I live about 30 minutes from there now. This is great

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #2   4/11/07 4:33:03PM   

elgigante

Learning to Sprawl

Career:94-40
Chips:
ill be there too front and center. Cant wait

Post #3   4/11/07 9:19:24PM