Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Quick Quote: Serra doesn’t like two Miletich boys

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
link

“Matt Hughes is an arrogant asshole, jerkoff and bully. He wouldn’t pull the same shit with me that he did to Georges (St. Pierre) on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) because he knows I’d tell him to go **** himself.”

– UFC Welterweight Champion Matt Serra had some choice words on BubbaTheLoveSponge.com for Matt Hughes today, who will most likely be his first title defense later this year, according to recent statements from UFC President Dana White. He also called Hughes’ training partner, Tim Sylvia, an ogre who thinks he is a big shot. In addition, Serra ripped on Sylvia for his appearance on Blind Date a few years ago.

Post #1   4/11/07 1:35:00AM   

otacon279

MMA Regular

otacon279 Avatar

Career:669-401
Chips:
i'm starting to like Matt Serra now

can he beat Matt Hughes?

i hope so

Post #2   4/11/07 1:40:40AM   

Northrend

In Full Mount

Northrend Avatar

Career:110-62
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
War Serra

anyone that calls out Hughes/Sylvia on that shit is awesome

Post #3   4/11/07 5:35:00AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
If he can take GSP out, he can definitely take Hughes. I personally don't think Hughes deserves a title shot yet after his Chris Lytle performance, but now that the 170 division is so jacked up who knows.

Post #4   4/11/07 8:18:18AM   

randyleprechaun

MMA Regular

randyleprechaun Avatar

Career:68-36
Chips:

Posted by otacon279

i'm starting to like Matt Serra now

can he beat Matt Hughes?

i hope so

Im betting on serra. Win or Lose hes the man!

Post #5   4/11/07 4:25:13PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Wow, ever since Hughes got his ass kicked by GSP, the hate just builds up and builds up. Man, I remember when nobody said anything bad about Hughes. It was almost if Hughes was standing there and they were afraid to put him down. Now, it's like everyone hates him. I wonder if it was the total contrast between him and GSP or if was what he looked like on TUF episodes.

Whatever it is, I like it when Hughes gets bashed.

Post #6   4/11/07 7:56:12PM   

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Rush

Wow, ever since Hughes got his ass kicked by GSP, the hate just builds up and builds up. Man, I remember when nobody said anything bad about Hughes. It was almost if Hughes was standing there and they were afraid to put him down. Now, it's like everyone hates him. I wonder if it was the total contrast between him and GSP or if was what he looked like on TUF episodes.

Whatever it is, I like it when Hughes gets bashed.

he rubbed me the wrong way on the tuf show. mainly when that one guy came in late (jason von flue?) and won his fight and matt hughes didnt even congratulate him on his win, he just sit off to the side playing a card game all quiet by himself. then he was like i would have won either way, if he lost i would have gotten rid of my weakest member. i just thought he was totally disrespectful to a lot of people on the show and in his pre fight interviews. so know i like to see him lose.

Post #7   4/11/07 8:57:19PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Yeah, I forgot about that.

Post #8   4/11/07 9:31:10PM   

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,207-799
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:
Matt Hughes has done more for the sport than Serra and St. Pierre combined, everyone was a fan of his three years ago, then when hes portrayed badly on a "reality" show everyone turns on him. St. Pierre is a French Canadian Prick and now Serra walks around with a with an undeserved sense of pride. The cocky Serra is just lucky he was fighting his A game against St. Pierre's D game.

Lately i do have to hand it to St. Pierre though, for showing a lot of class after his fight with Hughes, during TUF, and after The serra fight

Post #9   4/11/07 9:55:06PM   

hook_tothe_body

Standup Guy

hook_tothe_body Avatar

Career:415-290
Camp: 368
Chips:

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Matt Hughes has done more for the sport than Serra and St. Pierre combined, everyone was a fan of his three years ago, then when hes portrayed badly on a "reality" show everyone turns on him.

I've always disliked Hughes. Most of his fights are boring wrestling matches.

Don't care about what a fighters personality is. If he's an A-hole but a good fighter, I'll still cheer for them.

Post #10   4/11/07 10:03:16PM   

JWest12

MMA Regular

JWest12 Avatar

Career:440-254
Camp: Pitbulls
Chips:
"I've always disliked Hughes. Most of his fights are boring wrestling matches."

Hey, what's so bad about wrestling? Just kidding, but as a wrestler i had to say that. MMA is so much more interesting. I actaully always looked forwards to Matt Hughes fights. You can't deny he was a great champion, with wins over Penn and Gracie. I will admit though that he was quite a dink on TUF and in pre-fight interviews. GSP and Serra are much classier guys. Serra did a great job the other day but i believe GSP will hold the belt again. Don't even get started on Sanchez and Koschech. That was the most disappointing fight i've ever seen.

Post #11   4/11/07 10:55:41PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
The hypocracy is amazing! No, really!

Post #12   4/11/07 11:56:00PM   

jaba

MMA Regular

jaba Avatar

Career:18-18
Camp: Team Big Guns
Chips:

Posted by Northrend

War Serra

anyone that calls out Hughes/Sylvia on that shit is awesome

True dat, Sylvia and hughes are 2 of the most boring fighters in the UFC. Lately i gotta say dat Serra is da shit.

Post #13   4/12/07 12:22:09AM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by disorderlyvision
he rubbed me the wrong way on the tuf show. mainly when that one guy came in late (jason von flue?) and won his fight and matt hughes didnt even congratulate him on his win, he just sit off to the side playing a card game all quiet by himself. then he was like i would have won either way, if he lost i would have gotten rid of my weakest member. i just thought he was totally disrespectful to a lot of people on the show and in his pre fight interviews. so know i like to see him lose.

I remember that. He also acted like an asshole to Rashad for showboating and threw a fit when Whitehead lost to Rashad (throwing his water bottle... saying he wasn't worthy of a drink). He was an ass on TUF 4 too... think he called Din big lipped, and teased GSP.

Post #14   4/12/07 2:02:44AM   

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Chips:
link

another good serra speech...

The war of words between Matt Serra and Matt Hughes is already starting.

Actually it may have started on Saturday night when Hughes was seen laughing at the fallen Georges St. Pierre.

"The guy wants to talk in the name of God saying ‘he’s a Christian’ and this and that," Serra told MMA Weekly. "Why don’t you treat people the right way? I don’t like the way he treats people and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

"The thing is this, I feel like a winner already. Even if lose, I get to punch and elbow him in the face... Don’t get me wrong, I plan on beating his ass. No matter what happens, the fact that I get to hit that asshole, I feel like a winner."

UFC President Dana White said Hughes in first in line to challenge Serra for the welterweight title.

Post #15   4/12/07 11:49:28AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2