Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Mousasi says training “Not Good” for upcoming Dynamite! contest

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi recently spoke with the Japanese press about his upcoming fight against Gary Goodridge. When questioned about his training leading up to the fight, Mousasi was very candid in saying that it was “Not good.” Mousasi went on to explain that leading up to the event, he was unsure if the fight would be contested under K-1 kickboxing or MMA rules.

Link

Post #1   12/30/09 6:10:50PM   

xAcidburNx

Standup Guy

xAcidburNx Avatar

Career:672-426
Chips:
man does that ever suck. I know how he feels. maybe not to this extent but when i had my first fight lined up it was sposed to be a boxing match. had 2 months to train.so i stopped everything. no kicking, no wrestling, no bjj. 4 weeks in i get told the fight is off. next day im told i now have a kickboxing match. so i start training kickboxing rules for the last 4 weeks. 10 HOURS! before the fight i get a call from my coach. says my opponent bailed for undisclosed reasons. Not to mention one of the fighters in the MMA Main event match was in a car accident. he gave me the option to fight for more money. I accepted the fight on basis that i was told my opponent was a kickboxer. turned out i was lied to and he was a collegiate wrestler. So with 8 weeks of no training on the ground i didnt have the greatest time.

WAR MOUSASI !

Post #2   12/30/09 7:54:51PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,184-1,486
Chips:
I feel in some ways Mousasi is being disrespectful to Goodridge.

Post #3   12/30/09 8:54:53PM   

xAcidburNx

Standup Guy

xAcidburNx Avatar

Career:672-426
Chips:
after the display that goodrich put on. i dont think it matters whether he respects him or not. no strikes landed. no strikes THROWN and he curled up in a ball as soon as the punches started flying. he obviousely wasnt hurt considering he stood up after. that ref stopped it almost out of pity

Post #4   1/1/10 6:53:07PM