Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC vs Pride

Print  
Pledge your allegiance: UFC or Pride?
UFC 9 41%
Pride 13 59%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Unkoman

MMA Regular

Unkoman Avatar

Career:578-339
Chips:
Pride rules make for a more exciting fight. ( Yellow cards and Stomps and soccer Kicks) really punishes the lay and prayers and the one dimesional bjj guys. But to many gimicky fights with overage has beens and the non-title fights are bullshit.

UFC usually has great fights on the pay per views but to much fights devoted to tuf failures.

I would say its a draw.

Post #16   1/28/07 6:39:34PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:

Posted by nate22

Posted by punisherind

Posted by nate22

A true MMA fan has no argument to this. A true MMA fan loves and appreciates both organisations and would never doubt either. I thank both for providing us with the fights that they do.

are you kidding? a true mma fan doesnt have an opinion? and who said anything about doubting either organization? all i said was pride is more entertaining and stated my reasons.

p.s.: arent you the one who said the average mma fan doesnt know who wanderlei silva was?

Ok, so what are you trying to argue with me about? The Silva FACT? Why did 90% of the audience have no idea who he was ? Just because you do, do not make assumptions for the rest of the viewing audience.

Second, I agree with Prid, I like Pride more, but I love
UFC and do not want to bias my opinion to a great extent as I appreciate both organisations greatly.

The crowd at UFC where Silva came out. PROVES that the average UFC FAN has no idea whatsoever who Silva is.

90% of the audience didn't know Wandy because they are not mma fans they're UFC fans. There is a difference.

Post #17   1/29/07 7:39:08PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
good ? punisherind. i broke the 9/9 tie & i'll try to help with the arguement. the ? was simple & asked 1or the other. not i don't know. not maybe. not both.

punisherind- i started out liking the ufc but when i saw pride i was hooked because of the things you stated. rules are good, especially the stand up restart & yellow cards when fighters are avoiding the fight by holding or constant circling. 10 min round is great to test endurance. don't mind elbows, that's their problem if they can't defend.

nate22. an simple answer would have been fine. not one that makes you out to be a better fan than we all are. no arguement (it was just a question). love both (he didn't ask which one we hated the most). white & sakakibara are true fans so should they not compete to make their brand better than the other. i'm a true pie fan but i like blueberry better than cherry. i'm a true car fan but i like dodge better than ford. i'm a true girl fan but i like pretty better than ugly. it's an opinion.
mmafan genuine, whatever. does this mean we need to agree with you or else and are you going to pissy anytime you don't get your way.

a lot of good replies

BloodandTears- the octogon is better to watch but i wish it was 6 - 8 feet higher for better fan viewing and camera angles.

loller90278- excellent opening statement

amik- I totally agree

kaduey- best answer yet

Infused- wrong answer but much more mature than nate22

tffdwg38- i personally like a good elbow. i like the stomp. knees and kicks to the head when their down awsome. the only problem i have is kicks to the face when on all fours. that's the only time that a fighter has 0 chance to defend.

in my opinion it's pride. they recruit more international fighters and will try to get the best of the best. the ufc would be happier with a really good english speaking fighter than a great non english speaking fighter. (they don't know how to promote a. silva to the americans) oh, and by the way, the w. silva fact proves nothing. it's not the ufc fans. it's american ufc fans and americans in any sport tipically only recognize american athletes. i like the pride judging system better (being able to finish a fight strong even though the first round might have been bad. pride- more fighting. ufc- more drama. pride- lots of exciting matchups. ufc a lot matchups with average opponents used to move some fighters up the ladder. no matter i'll still watch both and like both. an now that the the ufc and pride money is more even there will be more trades to make both more exciting.

sorry guys for the long winded reply it won't happen again.

Post #18   1/30/07 4:14:53PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by JunCTion

nate22. an simple answer would have been fine. not one that makes you out to be a better fan than we all are. no arguement (it was just a question). love both (he didn't ask which one we hated the most). white & sakakibara are true fans so should they not compete to make their brand better than the other. i'm a true pie fan but i like blueberry better than cherry. i'm a true car fan but i like dodge better than ford. i'm a true girl fan but i like pretty better than ugly. it's an opinion.
mmafan genuine, whatever. does this mean we need to agree with you or else and are you going to pissy anytime you don't get your way.

:

Nope but maybe when i'm that wasted as I was that night

I've sent out my apologies for being a complete tool.

Post #19   1/30/07 4:29:14PM   

punisherind

MMA Regular

punisherind Avatar

Career:781-433
Camp: Snatch As Snatch Can
Chips:

Posted by JunCTion

sorry guys for the long winded reply it won't happen again.

hey junction, thanks for your input. dont apologize for the long post, it was well stated and much appreciated. and i have to say, im a bit surprised that pride is winning the poll right now (by a nose). i had the impression that this was a UFC dominated board.

Post #20   1/30/07 5:19:39PM   

thelastking

MMA Regular

thelastking Avatar

Career:1,891-1,160
Chips:
I enjoy both but since i enjoy the rules in PrideFC more i guess i consider it more entertaining that the UFC.

Post #21   1/30/07 6:38:06PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2