Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC vs Pride

Print  
Pledge your allegiance: UFC or Pride?
UFC 9 41%
Pride 13 59%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

punisherind

MMA Regular

punisherind Avatar

Career:781-433
Camp: Snatch As Snatch Can
Chips:
which organization has the more entertaining fight cards?

i have to admit that im a pride guy. i think the rules make for much more entertaining fights. the 10 minute first round; stomping/kicking/kneeing guys on the ground; no elbows to the head to avoid those meaningless cuts. on top of that, i also think pride is deeper as far as talent, which allows them to have better, more even matchups.

thoughts?

Post #1   1/24/07 8:04:55PM   

Avenger

Learning to Sprawl

Avenger Avatar

Career:342-206
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
Both have their ups and downs!!! I just like MMA.

Post #2   1/24/07 8:47:42PM   

cam8528

Learning to Sprawl

Career:435-271
Chips:
I'm a huge UFC fan, but I would say it's a tough pick. Each event always has it's worth-seeing fight.

Post #3   1/24/07 9:03:19PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
A true MMA fan has no argument to this. A true MMA fan loves and appreciates both organisations and would never doubt either. I thank both for providing us with the fights that they do.

Post #4   1/24/07 10:12:30PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by nate22

A true MMA fan has no argument to this. A true MMA fan loves and appreciates both organisations and would never doubt either. I thank both for providing us with the fights that they do.

Totally agree, Nuff said.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #5   1/24/07 10:27:11PM   

punisherind

MMA Regular

punisherind Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nate22

are you kidding? a true mma fan doesnt have an opinion? and who said anything about doubting either organization? all i said was pride is more entertaining and stated my reasons.

p.s.: arent you the one who said the average mma fan doesnt know who wanderlei silva was?

Post #6   1/24/07 10:54:03PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by punisherind

Posted by nate22

are you kidding? a true mma fan doesnt have an opinion? and who said anything about doubting either organization? all i said was pride is more entertaining and stated my reasons.

p.s.: arent you the one who said the average mma fan doesnt know who wanderlei silva was?

Ok, so what are you trying to argue with me about? The Silva FACT? Why did 90% of the audience have no idea who he was ? Just because you do, do not make assumptions for the rest of the viewing audience.

Second, I agree with Prid, I like Pride more, but I love
UFC and do not want to bias my opinion to a great extent as I appreciate both organisations greatly.

The crowd at UFC where Silva came out. PROVES that the average UFC FAN has no idea whatsoever who Silva is.

Post #7   1/24/07 11:21:26PM   

punisherind

MMA Regular

punisherind Avatar

Chips:
and your implying that im not a true mma fan b/c of this post?

anyway, im going to drop it. not going to get into a dumb argument with you.

Post #8   1/24/07 11:35:27PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by punisherind

and your implying that im not a true mma fan b/c of this post?

anyway, im going to drop it. not going to get into a dumb argument with you.

Punisher, you best fuking argue with me.

I'm not implying f'all, hopefully, i'm evoking an opinion from all you guys.

Seriously, this is an MMA board. CHAT SHIT ALL YOU LIKE BUT BRING IT BACK HERE XXXXXXXXXX

Love Nate (MMA fan, genuine)

Post #9   1/24/07 11:50:34PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
im choosing to disagree with nate 100% on every post he makes. the fact that you are a "true mma fan" means nothing. we all like to watch fights here, considering we're on MMA playground, not UFC or PRIDE playground. we are all fans of a good fight. the question was WHO PUTS ON better fights, ufc or pride. surely you have an opinion! mine is that pride has better quality fighters and puts on a better show. ufc, well, ufc has drama.

Post #10   1/25/07 12:33:03AM   

amik

MMA Regular

amik Avatar

Career:71-38
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Ufc it´s more dynamic and pride more Technical.

So simple

Post #11   1/26/07 11:16:29AM   

BloodandTears

Standup Guy

BloodandTears Avatar

Career:322-195
Camp: duXup
Chips:

Posted by punisherind

Posted by nate22

I agree pride is more entertaining, but i do like the octagon better than the ring for mma:)

Post #12   1/26/07 12:59:36PM   

tffdwg38

Banned

tffdwg38 Avatar

Career:16-14
Chips:
ufc needs stomping/kicking/kneeing guys on the ground in the head and a lot more poeple would watch ufc

Post #13   1/27/07 11:36:58PM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
I'm going to go with the UFC on this one. Pride is a great organization and I love to watch it, but I like watching other MMA events that aren't covered here as well. I perfer to watch the UFC over pride because of the production value and the eagerness of the younger fighters. That and being able to watch UFC shows one Spike is pretty cool too.

Post #14   1/28/07 1:02:36AM   

Infused

MMA Regular

Infused Avatar

Career:373-253
Chips:
Why even make topics like these? Both organizations have their ups and down, and besides MMA is MMA. I'm glad that this sport even exsists, never mind having multiple orginazations who put on good cards.

Post #15   1/28/07 1:50:42PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2