Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

King Mo accepts fine, promises more antics

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
“King” Mo Lawal was fined 10 percent of his $10,000 fight purse by the California State Athletic Commission for spraying Rockstar energy drink in the cage at Strikeforce: Evolution. The act was a celebration following his knockout victory over Mike Whitehead on Dec. 19, at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif.

Lawal isn’t happy with the fine, but understands the commission rules the roost.

“I just celebrated. You know what I’m saying? It’s not a big deal. It’s not like I kept on hitting him after the bell rang or when the referee stepped in,” Lawal told MMAWeekly.com content partner TapouT Radio. “Let’s keep it real. It‘s not that big of a deal.”

He asks, “Why should they punish me for celebrating?”

Link

Post #1   12/29/09 1:57:41AM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
It doesn't sound like they notified him in advance that he wasn't allowed to spill the drink inside the cage. Doesn't seem fair to me that they would fine him for something that they hadn't told him he could be fined for. You figure he would at least recieve a warning first.

As for him promising more antics, it looks like we may have found the Ocho Cinco of MMA.

Post #2   12/29/09 2:05:19AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,737-1,519
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by gspfan

It doesn't sound like they notified him in advance that he wasn't allowed to spill the drink inside the cage. Doesn't seem fair to me that they would fine him for something that they hadn't told him he could be fined for. You figure he would at least recieve a warning first.

As for him promising more antics, it looks like we may have found the Ocho Cinco of MMA.

On camera, you could clearly see the the AC rep explaining to him not to do it. It's very possible that he wouldn't have been fined at that point, but he ignored him and continued with what he was doing. IMO, he made peace with a fine the second he ignored those instructions.

Post #3   12/29/09 3:02:10AM