Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Frank Shamrock Set to Make His Strikeforce Return This March

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
my guess is against matt lindland

Post #16   12/27/09 8:15:39PM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:

Posted by titlefight

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by postman

I know Frank is real big in San Jose and thats the Strikeforce home do you guys think they put too much stock in the draw of Frank? I feel like they think he is a nation wide draw and thats just not the case. IMO

Well, I don't think his performances are doing him any favors either. He was tooled in 3 of his last 4 fights...and it's hard to draw an audience for someone who calls themself "The Legend" but doesn't deliver.

he was not getting "tooled" in 3 of his last 4 fights.

The Renzo fight Frank was winning until the DQ
The Baroni fight Frank just smoked him.
The Cung fight was potential FOTY, and Frank was giving as much as he was getting until the arm broke.
The Diaz fight he was getting and got smoked.

So to correct you, Frank got "tooled" in 1 of his last 3 fights.

Yeah, I'd say that's a little more accurate.

Post #17   12/28/09 7:14:19PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by titlefight

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by postman

I know Frank is real big in San Jose and thats the Strikeforce home do you guys think they put too much stock in the draw of Frank? I feel like they think he is a nation wide draw and thats just not the case. IMO

Well, I don't think his performances are doing him any favors either. He was tooled in 3 of his last 4 fights...and it's hard to draw an audience for someone who calls themself "The Legend" but doesn't deliver.

he was not getting "tooled" in 3 of his last 4 fights.

The Renzo fight Frank was winning until the DQ
The Baroni fight Frank just smoked him.
The Cung fight was potential FOTY, and Frank was giving as much as he was getting until the arm broke.
The Diaz fight he was getting and got smoked.

So to correct you, Frank got "tooled" in 1 of his last 3 fights.

Go watch the Renzo fight again. Frank was looking for a way out. And if you think Frank was winning that fight, then thankfully you're not a judge.

Yes, Frank smoked Baroni.

Cung was toying with Frank the entire fight until Frank got in some decent shots in the 3rd, but it was far from an even fight.

And obviously Diaz smoked him.

So, to correct you, he was getting smoked in 1 and got smoked in 2 fights...totaling 3.

Last edited 12/30/09 12:27PM server time by grappler0000
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   12/30/09 12:27:06PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2