Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Quote of the Day: Corey Hill - "I’m Able to Do What I Love to Do Again"

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
"If you want to know the truth, I was an ass," he said. "I was like a little baby. I whined. I yelled. My wife iterally had four kids to take care of: The three we have, plus myself. I was a baby. I couldn’t get to the bathroom. I had to stay in bed and pee in a freaking bucket for almost four months".

"This sounds gross, but there were times when I urinated on myself because my bucket was too far and I couldn’t get to it. She came home to some bad scenarios and it never fazed her."

... Corey Hill already knows one conversation he wants to have when the fight is over and, win or lose, he walks out of the cage under his own power.

"I want to talk to my wife and tell her, ‘We did it,’ " Hill said, bubbling with enthusiasm. "And I meant that very much when I said we.

Link

Post #1   12/24/09 10:23:26PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
I'm happy to hear that he's been recovering well and able to do what he loves again soon. I seriously was afraid he wasnt going to walk again when I saw his fight with Hartt live. My biggest concern moving forward is the fact that he's a liability for this to happen again if he stays at 155. It's true that bones usually harden up to twice as hard but imho a move to WW is key for his career, he'd still have a reach advantage over most 170ers so I dont see why not. I've heard that Corey will be in some smaller shows, which was a relief because he can get some more experience and if you ask me its more time to work on bulking up. Fighting too skinny for your frame is very risky because youre giving up power and strength which can hurt your jiu jitsu offense/defense, wrestling and striking in turn for whatever skills you excel at like speed, reach or whatever.

EDIT: Best of luck Corey.

Last edited 12/24/09 10:45PM server time by EvenFlow
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   12/24/09 10:43:47PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:
I really hope that Hill can make a successful return and eventually fight again for the UFC

Post #3   12/24/09 11:30:08PM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,819-987
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I became a fan of him and buddy roll ( ?? ) after watching TUF5... he knew that he needed improvement on his game, and he was very humble and willing to learn new things. hope his recovery went well and that he can go back to MMA

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #4   12/25/09 3:01:44AM   

NeaRMisS

MMA Regular

Career:69-53
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

I'm happy to hear that he's been recovering well and able to do what he loves again soon. I seriously was afraid he wasnt going to walk again when I saw his fight with Hartt live. My biggest concern moving forward is the fact that he's a liability for this to happen again if he stays at 155. It's true that bones usually harden up to twice as hard but imho a move to WW is key for his career, he'd still have a reach advantage over most 170ers so I dont see why not. I've heard that Corey will be in some smaller shows, which was a relief because he can get some more experience and if you ask me its more time to work on bulking up. Fighting too skinny for your frame is very risky because youre giving up power and strength which can hurt your jiu jitsu offense/defense, wrestling and striking in turn for whatever skills you excel at like speed, reach or whatever.

EDIT: Best of luck Corey.

^ Agreed.

He looked so un-healthy being that skinny. I mean he prolly isn't, but he could easily use another 15 lbs of muscle.

Post #5   12/25/09 3:43:25AM   

Meanrighthand88

Learning to Sprawl

Meanrighthand88 Avatar

Career:218-118
Chips:
I wish the very best on the behalf of Corey Hill's return. He's a warrior and seems like a great guy. Hope he comes back strong.

Post #6   12/25/09 5:24:42PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
I had the exact same break in my leg so i know all the crap he had to go through like peeing in a bucket........Hope to see a strong return........

Post #7   12/26/09 10:24:36AM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
God Bless!

Post #8   12/26/09 1:08:57PM