Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Diaz Happy To Fight Zaromskis For Title

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,559-1,524
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
"When I started fighting in the UFC I didn't really understand. I mean I understood wrestling, but I didn't really understand scoring," Diaz commented. "I was going in there trying to do more damage. It was kind of crazy really, and then I realized in two or three fights that these guys are going in there trying to win like a certain way, and I didn't realize it. I didn't have the fundamentals that I do now to try and win on scorecards."

Link

Post #1   12/23/09 4:06:03PM   

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:
of course he is he's going to win imo how many fighters have you seen when by omaplata(however you spell it)and for that matter how many fighters have you seen beat gomi??

Post #2   12/23/09 5:53:22PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 42-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,975-1,623
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
This fight is going to be an instant classic!!!

Post #3   12/23/09 7:15:05PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by karn501

of course he is he's going to win imo how many fighters have you seen when by omaplata(however you spell it)and for that matter how many fighters have you seen beat gomi??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmVA5l87738&feature=related

Still as confident after watching this video?

Last edited 12/23/09 7:32PM server time by warglory
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   12/23/09 7:32:08PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,958-1,117
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by karn501

It was a gogoplata, not an omaplata.

Post #5   12/23/09 8:09:58PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,667-1,427
Chips:
Diaz wil eat those headkicks and continue to move forward w/ punches in bunches......take Zaromskis down in the later rounds and sub him, gonna be a great fight.

Post #6   12/23/09 10:26:57PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by karn501

Yes, to say it nicely...Zaromskis hasn't really fought anyone besides Sakurai so I don't get the hype. The guy has lost to Che Mills twice by TKO (Che Mills the same guy who couldn't even make it onto TUF).

Diaz is no world beater, but he is tough as nails, pushes the pace, has amazing cardio and grappling. I'm not too impressed w/ Zaromskis overall MMA game outside of his striking, which is very good to say the least.

Post #7   12/23/09 10:31:15PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by warglory

Posted by karn501

Yes, to say it nicely...Zaromskis hasn't really fought anyone besides Sakurai so I don't get the hype. The guy has lost to Che Mills twice by TKO (Che Mills the same guy who couldn't even make it onto TUF).

Diaz is no world beater, but he is tough as nails, pushes the pace, has amazing cardio and grappling. I'm not too impressed w/ Zaromskis overall MMA game outside of his striking, which is very good to say the least.

Matt Hughes was submitted by Dennis Hallman twice, yet he went on to become one of the greatest welterweights in the sport. Marius literally swept the DREAM Welterweight tourney with head kicks, and then added another a few months later. He has only lost 3 times out of 15 fights, and is currently riding a 5 fight win streak. I have no idea how you could call this guy over rated.

Now Nick is obviously a very credible opponent, but we all know that Nick loves to bang, and I just don't think his style of wearing an opponent out is going to work against Marius.

Last edited 12/23/09 11:09PM server time by warglory

Post #8   12/23/09 11:05:55PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
This is going to be so fun!

I do hope Mariius come and trains state side though. London Shootfighters arn't goign to take him to the next level.

Post #9   12/24/09 12:31:59AM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by warglory

Posted by karn501

Matt Hughes was submitted by Dennis Hallman twice, yet he went on to become one of the greatest welterweights in the sport. Marius literally swept the DREAM Welterweight tourney with head kicks, and then added another a few months later. He has only lost 3 times out of 15 fights, and is currently riding a 5 fight win streak. I have no idea how you could call this guy over rated.

Now Nick is obviously a very credible opponent, but we all know that Nick loves to bang, and I just don't think his style of wearing an opponent out is going to work against Marius.

Don't compare Matt Hughes to Zaromskis because Matt Hughes has done it (became one of the greatest WWs ever) and Marius hasn't. Sure he swept the DREAM tourney but like I said his only credible opponent was Sakurai, and he's really had no tough fights besides him.

I would av bet you on this one but I already have one going.

Diaz by sub, he's more well rounded.

Post #10   12/24/09 12:45:39AM   

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

Posted by karn501

It was a gogoplata, not an omaplata.

My bad how many fighters have you seen win by gogoplata and i wasnt taking anything away from zaromskis i just think diaz has his number

Post #11   12/24/09 12:53:24AM   

John_Jobber

MMA Regular

John_Jobber Avatar

Career:430-261
Chips:
I am salivating at the thought of this fight.

Partly I admit I'm happy because I can see Nick getting in like 3 or 4 quick shots as Zaromskis is setting up his crazy kicks. Spinning kicks do not matchup well against someone with Nick's speed, agility, and reach. Nick will be moving in and out range, lighting Zski UP!

Will be a very entertaining fight no matter what!

Post #12   12/24/09 4:24:02AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Wow Jason High was supposed to take Zaromskis down at will how did that work out? Nick Diaz carries his hands so low and leaves his chin out to be hit so bad. I'm not completely giving it to zaromskis but I can't belive how many people think this will be an easy fight for Diaz. Hell he might not even pass the drug test. As for Gomi hes 4-2 in his last 6 fights and has not looked very good in any of them if memory serves. Gogoplatas well Brad The Hillbilly Heartthrob Imes has 2 wins by GOGO. I also don't really see that move work much anymore you simply have to push on there leg a cause major strain on the knee it was just something no one had seen at the time and Gomi was gassed.

Last edited 12/24/09 11:25AM server time by postman

Post #13   12/24/09 10:31:14AM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

Wow Jason High was supposed to take Zaromskis down at will how did that work out? Nick Diaz carries his ands so low and leaves his chin out to be hit so bad. I'm not completely giving to zaromskis but I can't belive how many people think this will be an easy fight for him. Hell he might not even pass the drug test. As for Gomi hes 4-2 in his last 6 fights and has not looked very good in any of them if memory serves. Gogoplatas well Brad The Hillbilly Heartthrob Imes has 2 wins by GOGO. I also don't really see that move work much anymore you simply have to push on there leg a cause major strain on the knee it was just something no one had seen at the time and Gomi was gassed.

This post had too many excuses for me to count.

Post #14   12/24/09 11:24:35AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by postman

Wow Jason High was supposed to take Zaromskis down at will how did that work out? Nick Diaz carries his ands so low and leaves his chin out to be hit so bad. I'm not completely giving to zaromskis but I can't belive how many people think this will be an easy fight for him. Hell he might not even pass the drug test. As for Gomi hes 4-2 in his last 6 fights and has not looked very good in any of them if memory serves. Gogoplatas well Brad The Hillbilly Heartthrob Imes has 2 wins by GOGO. I also don't really see that move work much anymore you simply have to push on there leg a cause major strain on the knee it was just something no one had seen at the time and Gomi was gassed.

This post had too many excuses for me to count.

What excuses? Pretty sure every thing I said was a fact. What would I be making excuse for?

Post #15   12/24/09 11:44:54AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2