Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Every weight class champ will be from TUF??

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,227-772
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Lw- Corey Hill
WW- Josh Koscheck
MW- Kendall Grove
LHW- Bisping
Heavyweight- Josh Haynes.......???

Post #1   4/10/07 10:19:29PM   

jdubs

In Full Mount

jdubs Avatar

Career:95-45
Chips:
the only one i see being champ is kos, i use to think forrest but after i saw his last fight and post fight i almost lost respect for him

Post #2   4/10/07 10:55:27PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I hope your kidding. If this were to actually, by some miracle, it would be about 5 years from now. Add the fact that most young fighters don't come from TUF, and I would say highly inlikely.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   4/10/07 11:02:05PM   

Zvonimir

MMA Regular

Zvonimir Avatar

Career:279-164
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I don't think so. The probablility is very small.

Post #4   4/11/07 12:00:19AM   

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
i dont see this happening

Post #5   4/11/07 2:11:37AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
I'd say the chances were very small, however, the last UFC card was packed full of TUF guys, UFC's plan is now coming together where they can use these production line, groomed fighters to fill out their cards.

Post #6   4/11/07 4:37:33AM   

Northrend

In Full Mount

Northrend Avatar

Career:110-62
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
In time Robert Emerson, but thats probably cause im biased hehe.

Post #7   4/11/07 7:10:56AM   

xchickox

In Full Mount

xchickox Avatar

Career:594-360
Chips:
i dont think kos can do it, grove has a lot of potential to do it, its all about bisping though, he's gonna take the title within a year

Post #8   4/11/07 7:56:03AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
In the next year, I think only one or two TUF fighters might even get a title shot and I don't think they'll win.

The more episodes of TUF they put on, the greater the chances of them getting a top fighter.

Post #9   4/11/07 8:04:17AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by hathcock32

Lw- Corey Hill
WW- Josh Koscheck
MW- Kendall Grove
LHW- Bisping
Heavyweight- Josh Haynes.......???

Corey Hill?? When did you even see him fihgt?
KOS is the only possible one.

Grove and Bisping have no chance right now b/c their styles are similiar to the champs.. Its just Silva and Liddell are a hell of a lot better at it.

And dont even joke about Josh Haynes man. He is like Ross Pointon he just keeps going man.

Post #10   4/11/07 10:43:44AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I think Corey Hill fought last week in TUF. He did not impress me at all in ability or attitude.

Post #11   4/11/07 2:50:06PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Rush

I think Corey Hill fought last week in TUF. He did not impress me at all in ability or attitude.

That was Cole Miller. Anothet tall guy who talka lot. He actually has mosyly fougth at 145 despite his height. I think he shopuld buff up and stay at 155. Hill is the 6 ft. 4 black guy

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #12   4/11/07 3:16:30PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
um..no. I dont hate TUF fighters, I think they are good and all, but no.

Lightweight has a lot of impressive fighters. Sherk, Florian, Penn, Pulver, Huerta for sure, Stevenson...so I think Hill is a little bit out of his league right now but Stevenson and Florian could represent

Welterweight. I mean come on. GSP owns that division then Serra, Hughes, Diego (if he fights like himself), The Heat, lots of good guys, Kos has a chance but would get killed by the big three in Serra, GSP, and Hughes right now.

Middleweight. I like Grove and he has a chance actually I think. Kampmann might be someone he should take on, McDonald, Franklin, he needs to go top tier before getting his shot, but he has a chance I think. Silva is sick though.

Lightheavyweight: Bisping matches up horribly against Chuck. The Count "likes to bang", but unfortunately for him Chuck "bangs" a whole lot better. Evans has an outside chance if your looking for a TUFie, just cause he could LnP a decision with his sick takedowns...but thats very outside.

Heavyweight...No, just no. Randy, Cro Cop, Nog, Arlovski, Werdum, Vera, Sylvia, Herring...absolutely no chance in hell...literally no chance in hell

Last edited 4/11/07 3:37PM server time by Lay_N_Pray
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   4/11/07 3:35:22PM   

ManBeast

MMA Regular

ManBeast Avatar

Career:384-226
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

um..no. I dont hate TUF fighters, I think they are good and all, but no.

Lightweight has a lot of impressive fighters. Sherk, Florian, Penn, Pulver, Huerta for sure, Stevenson...so I think Hill is a little bit out of his league right now but Stevenson and Florian could represent

Welterweight. I mean come on. GSP owns that division then Serra, Hughes, Diego (if he fights like himself), The Heat, lots of good guys, Kos has a chance but would get killed by the big three in Serra, GSP, and Hughes right now.

Middleweight. I like Grove and he has a chance actually I think. Kampmann might be someone he should take on, McDonald, Franklin, he needs to go top tier before getting his shot, but he has a chance I think. Silva is sick though.

Lightheavyweight: Bisping matches up horribly against Chuck. The Count "likes to bang", but unfortunately for him Chuck "bangs" a whole lot better. Evans has an outside chance if your looking for a TUFie, just cause he could LnP a decision with his sick takedowns...but thats very outside.

Heavyweight...No, just no. Randy, Cro Cop, Nog, Arlovski, Werdum, Vera, Sylvia, Herring...absolutely no chance in hell...literally no chance in hell

I approve of this post

Post #14   4/11/07 5:12:32PM   

chentay2112

MMA Regular

chentay2112 Avatar

Career:63-46
Camp: We're #1
Chips:
i think bisping has the best chance out of those listed....
he's got good power and has been working on his ground game a lot i think he'll be champ at LHW within a couple of years

an ENGLISH champ in the UFC that would be great

Post #15   4/11/07 6:28:08PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2