Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Execs says Versus to air UFC Fight Night-type events; move to NBC possible?

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The two Ultimate Fighting Championship events that air on Versus in 2010 will likely be UFC Fight Night broadcasts similar to those on Spike TV, UFC president Dana White today said.

In a media conference call, White and Versus executive Marc Fein today discussed the finer points of a deal announced earlier this week. It calls for two 2010 UFC events to air on Versus, which also airs shows from the UFC's sister promotion, World Extreme Cagefighting.

No UFC events have been selected for Versus just yet, nor have company executives determined which days of the week the events will air.

However, White assured it won't be a second-rate event.

LINK

Post #1   12/16/09 4:30:13PM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:
Am I reading too deeply in to this or could this be to help smooth the transition when the UFC absorbs the lighter weight classes from the WEC?

Post #2   12/16/09 6:57:20PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
Additionally, with Comcast (Versus' parent company) having recently merged with NBC Universal, White was asked about the possibility of the UFC someday airing on NBC. It'd mark the first time the UFC has aired live events on a major U.S. network.

"Comcat and Versus have been great partners for us," White said. "They have some interesting things going on.

"You never know." ................

This article is F-ing ridiculous, it got my hopes up saying move to NBC possible, I thought atleast it would say that Zuffa is in talks with NBC. Not Versus parent company was just bought out by NBC... "Is it Possible?" DW- "You never know"...

MmaJunkie just lost some points in my eyes for including that in the topic title

Post #3   12/16/09 8:47:58PM