Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Cain Velasquez Has Too Much Respect For Big Nog

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
And the fast-rising UFC Heavyweight even says so. In a recent newspaper interview on his UFC 110 fight against Minotauro Nogueira, he's quoted as saying "It's going to be a tough fight. Minotauro is one of the best. He is always hard and you can never underestimate him. Even while he is losing, always finds a way to invert the situation and finish the bout. I have too much respect for him. I watched The Ultimate Fighter in which he was one of the coaches and I respect him as a person and for the legend he is in this sport."

Article

Post #1   12/16/09 9:45:21AM   

MiniMan

Standup Guy

MiniMan Avatar

Career:38-27
Chips:
I am still feeling a little surreal about actually being there for this one, Got my tickets today!!!

Anyways, I am hoping for a win by Nogueira, But still am a fan of Cain. If anyone could get hold of one of Cain's limbs, It would be Nogueira!!

WAR BIG NOG

Post #2   12/16/09 9:57:16AM   

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:
man i cant wait for this fight two of my favorite fighters its going to be a war

Post #3   12/16/09 12:00:04PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,802-1,135
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think this is gonna be a 1st rd Sub

Nog has better boxing and Cain's ground game is where he is good and Nog would love it to go there

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #4   12/16/09 12:31:02PM   

xSiCaRx

Learning to Sprawl

xSiCaRx Avatar

Career:641-420
Camp: OFC Fight Camp
Chips:
I want Nog to win this one. But I can't help thinking that Cain may beat him on their feet and TKO him by GnP. I can also see Nog sweeping Cain and eventually sub him, and that's what I wish! Lol.

Post #5   12/16/09 1:01:55PM   

marcoDGK

Standup Guy

marcoDGK Avatar

Career:317-259
Camp: DGK
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva
Nog has better boxing and Cain's ground game is where he is good and Nog would love it to go there

I agree. I am cheering for Cain and expect a him to take the 3rd Round TKO or decision.

I also feel like Cain is going to give one hell of a fight. He is going to fight his little heart out. Win or Lose I think Cain will fight like a Champion.

!!WAR VELASQUEZ!!

Post #6   12/16/09 1:25:18PM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:
The problem here is that Cain's boxing is not as good as Nog's so eventually he'll have no choice but to go to his strength and get the takedown followed by pillow fisted GnP (I'm just kidding I don't think he's pillow fisted).

With that game plan he better drill the hell out of armbar and triangle escapes because Nog eats these kinds of guys for lunch. They think they're putting a beating on him and let their guard down just for a second and BAM theres the triangle.

If Velasquez fights a mistake free fight he could ride out a UD but as green as he is my money's on Nog taking his arm home with him.

Post #7   12/16/09 7:52:21PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,393-817
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
This is an interesting fight to call, I think the likely scenario is Nog out boxes Cain and Cain takes him down or maybe Nog sweeps Cain, either way I see it going to the ground where each has a better chance of finishing the fight. I don't think Nog has much to throw at Cain on the ground that Cain can't neutralize, but I could see Nog sneaking some sort of leg attack past Cain. I think this has split decision written all over it. I expect Cain to have the edge in take downs, and to dish out some relentless ground and pound, but I'm pretty certain Nog is going to get two or three sweeps or submission attempts and going to win a very exciting decision.

Post #8   12/16/09 11:12:29PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,512-891
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

This is an interesting fight to call, I think the likely scenario is Nog out boxes Cain and Cain takes him down or maybe Nog sweeps Cain, either way I see it going to the ground where each has a better chance of finishing the fight. I don't think Nog has much to throw at Cain on the ground that Cain can't neutralize, but I could see Nog sneaking some sort of leg attack past Cain. I think this has split decision written all over it. I expect Cain to have the edge in take downs, and to dish out some relentless ground and pound, but I'm pretty certain Nog is going to get two or three sweeps or submission attempts and going to win a very exciting decision.

I think Nog has a lot, and I mean A LOT, of things on the ground that Cain can't neutralize. Not only that, he's got techniques Cain has never even seen before. If Cain gets sloppy for a second on the ground, he will get submitted.

Last edited 12/17/09 2:42AM server time by bjj1605
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   12/17/09 12:12:35AM   

kaskd

MMA Regular

kaskd Avatar

Career:1,183-655
Chips:
I buy into the Cain hype just as much as anyone, but I think we're all basing too much of Nog on his most recent loss to Mir. Nog is an elite level fighter in all aspects of the game. He has good boxing, and an even better ground game. Cain has average stand up at best, and a simple but controlling ground game. Nog is not a scrub on the ground and will use his hips and not let Cain pound on him in dominant positions. Sure I see Nog getting hit a couple of times on the ground, but he is so dominant on his back. Nog has very little to fear from Cain's stand up and just has to watch for his takedowns. Nog by UD.

Post #10   12/17/09 2:05:52AM