Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Jean Silva retires: "I'm too tired"

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,336-1,398
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
“Hey guys from TATAME, I announced to you in first hand my retirement. It’s 10 years of career and almost 40 fights. I’m too tired to train and administrate my new training center here in João Pessoa. Another reason is that my manager abandoned me. It’s complicated when you lose, because you don’t have any value anymore. I had other problems that made me think more on taking care of my family and my business around here. It’s sad to me, but sooner or later this day would come. I think I already gave my contribution to MMA, specially in England, where I fought most of my career".

Link

*wow kinda shocked by this..as i have followed White Bear thru his career..but i guess it's smart to get out when you know you should..i do hope that he keeps training guys down in Brazil..

Post #1   12/14/09 1:09:01PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,848-1,057
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
So long White Bear... you were a pioneer of the lower weight classes.

Post #2   12/14/09 1:33:38PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,782-1,038
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Great fighter. Helped to pave the way for Brazilians and Japanese fighters coming over to the UK for fights.

I hope all goes well for him in his retirement.

Post #3   12/15/09 3:08:37AM