Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

What Surprised/Impressed you the Most at 107???

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by CwB

Posted by gartface

...Also impressed with Frank Mir. ... He's looking big, and I see him being able to take Carwin. He's going to knock Carwin out.

Woah woah woah woah... lets not get ahead of ourselves now, he may have dropped Kongo but Kongo had regained his composure by the time his A$$ hit the mat. Im not sayin its not possible but that is a very BOLD statement right there.

And Carwin has a iron chin?

No, probably not, but he hasnt been KOed and the only thing we can base his chin on is a solid punch from Gonzaga that rocked him momentarily.

Plus Mir hasnt KOed anyone recently either, TKOed a staph infected Nog and dropped Kongo...

again im not saying its not possible...

Post #16   12/15/09 4:26:59PM   

ziegler3334

Standup Guy

ziegler3334 Avatar

Career:547-284
Chips:
GREAT EVENT!

most impressive to me.....
diego sanchez was 0 for 19 on takedown attempts. he landed 19 out of 120 strikes.....bj penn tried no takedowns and landed 120 out of 200 strikes. I think most of us expected bj to win, but WOW! i think most of us also agreed that diego had the best chance of beating him....and it was that lopsided?!?!? really impressive bj. he can't just jump to ww and get gsp....he could stand in line like the rest tho. maybe fight a kos or a swick. i think those fights would be fun.
i heard his trainer say that he wants to fight again no later than march. if thats the case, we could be seeing a jump sooner rather than later.
IMO, he shouldnt move up, 155 is where he's his best. the UFC should make it a priority to bring in quality LWs once he finishes cleaning up that devision. maynard and edgar are both near deserving; neither will win, but they're deserving.

most surprising......
how good mir and florian looked. i thought both of them would win their fights, but had no idea they'd look so dominant, especially florian. Mir looked great and he was HUGE, which he's going to need if he's going to evolve with the HW devision. And we all know guida is tough as nails, so that makes florians display all the more impressive. i dont see him fighting bj penn again any time soon, but he does make exciting fights for sure!

disappointing.......
CUT WILSON GOUVEIA!!!!
with all the fighters that get cut, how has he not been??? i mean they cut josh neer?!?!? but not wilson? he's talented for sure, but if he's not going to do enough with his talent, tough luck, hes out.

Will jon fitch ever finish another fight???? maybe not

side note: way to go alan belcher, that was a close decision loss to akiyama. if you give him the nod there, which i may have; he would be on a tear and just as deserving to be in title talk as anyone else. His next matchup should be a good one. Give him a quality opponent cuz alan belcher brings it. he has really won me over

Post #17   12/15/09 4:47:45PM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,226-867
Chips:

maybe fight a kos or a swick.

i would LOVE to see BJ destroy Kos!

Post #18   12/15/09 11:22:27PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
i was most impressed by the quality of the fights on the card. maybe it just seemed better because i was there but i believe it was one of the better cards in a while. bj was the man omg. florian and mir impressed as well. with the exception of the fitch fight all of the fights were very good.

Post #19   12/19/09 4:12:47PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
Belcher is my pick. That guys has come full circle in his fight game. I made a thread about it in the lounge.

Post #20   12/22/09 8:36:21PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
How much better realy BJ is then the rest of the world at 155. I mean I atleast thought guys like Sherk, Florian, & Diego would give him a competitive fight, but he just embarrasses them.

Also Belcher is really becoming a beast. I mean he's not elite yet but he's really steppin it up, I think 2010 we'll be his cheer to become a title challenger. Also Stefan Struve, even though the heavyweight division still isn't very stack just confusing as hell to see who's the next contender since nobody really sticks out way better over the other, if he keeps going, you could see him up there one day fighting the likes of Gonzaga or Dos Santos again. I might just even give him Gonzaga next.

Post #21   12/22/09 9:53:38PM   

tylerlee123

Standup Guy

tylerlee123 Avatar

Career:994-615
Chips:
Florian and Mir really surprised me with there perfomances, i knew Penn would win but not like that very impressive haha

Post #22   12/22/09 10:23:52PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2