Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 107 RECAP (spoiler)

Print  
Posted By Message

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Main Card

Penn dismantled Sanchez for five rounds and retained his belt with a one-sided, brutal, TKO victory in the main event of Saturday night's "UFC 107: Penn vs. Sanchez event at FedExForum in Memphis, Tenn.

Undercard

MEMPHIS, Tenn. – Prior to his fight, hometown favorite Alan Belcher told anyone that would listen that he had been disrespected by being relegated to the preliminary card of Saturday's "UFC 107: Penn vs. Sanchez" event.

Once in the cage, Belcher let his hands argue for him.

Post #1   12/13/09 1:55:05AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
It was amazing to see how Penn destroyed Sanchez even though IMO Sanchez was in the best shape hes ever been. Penn is truly one of the greats.

Post #2   12/13/09 3:18:41AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,899-1,095
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Penn Vs Aldo cross promotional 'super fight' next please Dana.

It will far better than seeing BJ destroy Maynard or Edgar and it will help WEC's move to PPV also.

Last edited 12/13/09 8:29AM server time by MMAcca
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   12/13/09 8:29:14AM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

It will far better than seeing BJ destroy Maynard or Edgar and it will help WEC's move to PPV also.

Maynard or Edgar would beat Aldo fairly easily.

Post #4   12/13/09 11:02:36AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,903-1,083
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by MMAcca

Maynard or Edgar would beat Aldo fairly easily.

I hope they let Aldo grow into the role of champ a little before moving him up to LW. He is a young guy and will probably keep growing until 155 is the right class for him anyway. But at this point, I think BJ would be too much for Aldo.

Edgar v. Aldo at 145 would be an excellent fight, and anyone who thinks it would be one-sided doesn't know much.

Post #5   12/13/09 11:20:44AM   

fullfighting

MMA Regular

fullfighting Avatar

Career:151-94
Chips:
Aldo stands NO chance against Penn or any other top LW in the UFC right now.

Post #6   12/13/09 12:00:04PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
The guys Aldo beat up on his way to Brown weren't very impressive. He's very good, but certainly not the MMA god people are making him out to be. Maybe he ought to win the WEC lightweight belt before going after Penn and getting slaughtered.

Post #7   12/13/09 5:18:04PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

I thought about this too but like cordless said I would like to give aldo more time before taking on a king...

The only thing I can say about a Maynard Penn fight is that atleast Gray would be able to pull off a couple take downs unlike Ken and Diego.

P.S. I guarantee not one person in the world correctly predicted the end of the Penn fight - Penn High Kick for the win- haha, never saw that comin

Post #8   12/13/09 5:28:17PM   

SamPan

Standup Guy

Career:1,079-655
Chips:
Last night's fight shows that Penn's definitely run out of worthy LW opponents. I still consider Diego and Kenny the #2 and 3 in the LW division. Diego got destroyed on his feet even though hes an absolute brawler and Kenny who has excellent jiu-jitsu got submitted. Edgar and Maynard would get stopped one way or another. BJ has the Anderson Silva complex. he needs to focus on welterweight

Post #9   12/13/09 6:21:49PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by SamPan

Last night's fight shows that Penn's definitely run out of worthy LW opponents. I still consider Diego and Kenny the #2 and 3 in the LW division. Diego got destroyed on his feet even though hes an absolute brawler and Kenny who has excellent jiu-jitsu got submitted. Edgar and Maynard would get stopped one way or another. BJ has the Anderson Silva complex. he needs to focus on welterweight

I dont know if he has the A.Silva complex...

-Andy cleared the division but still can move to 205 and win gold if he wants...
-GSP has cleared his Div. but cant beat the 185 King
-B.J. hasn't cleared the division yet (but it is almost guaranteed he will) but cant beat the 170 King

I think that B.J. is in the GSP complex

I think that Gray poses some threats to BJ, and if Gray had another year or two to evolve his game more he would actually pose a true challenge to BJ but he is the #1 contender right now even though he is not ready for BJ...

And Edgar is great but he seems to be one level below BJ in every facet of mma plus much smaller

Post #10   12/13/09 7:12:00PM