Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

I just wanna be one of the first to say this!

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,941-1,101
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Posted by sbulldavid

The dude is real, I've never seen a guy that green be so dominant against the quality of opponents he faced. I still want to see what he looks like when he gets hit or dominated on the ground but it might not happen for a while. If he develops knockout power and a solid submission defense we could be looking at the most dominant fighter in MMA in another year and a half. He moves as well as I've seen a fighter his size move.

GSP of the 205 class.

I like that comparison. Freakishly talented, strong work ethic, and a nice respectful guy. I'm pulling for him myself as well.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #16   12/9/09 10:01:44PM   

anomoly

Learning to Sprawl

anomoly Avatar

Career:359-267
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I just wanna be one of the first to say this!

...and Tito Ortiz wanted to be the first guy to nail Jenna Jameson, too.

props!

He's a great fighter... i'm looking forward to seeing him against Top Level LHW.

Post #17   12/10/09 12:54:59AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,868-1,068
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Jon Jones is one of those young guys out there right now that get you excited about the future of mma. Jones, Mousasi, Lawal, Aldo, Cain, and Mendes are just a few of the guys who will be (or in the case of Aldo, already is)some of the best fighters in the world in a few years.

Post #18   12/10/09 1:14:58AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,384-1,280
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i say 2011 at least a title shot

Post #19   12/10/09 5:20:59AM   

Rip_The_Jacker

BANNED

Rip_The_Jacker Avatar

Career:8-3
Chips:

Posted by cj_striker

Jon Jones will be the LHW champion within the next two to three years for sure! That dude is just down right scary man, if I were his next opponent after seeing what he did to Matt Hammill (who in my mind is definitely a top 20-25 LHW), I would be very afraid. Hammill is one of the strongest wrestlers if not the strongest wrestler in the LHW division and Jones just dominated him badly, I was in total awe seriously. I know he threw some illegal blows and got DQed but that fight was over way before that. Unless he pulls a Brandon Vera and just somehow forgets how to fight like he is right now that dude will be a champion sooner than later mark my words.

first to say this? people have stated he's the future of the LHW division before he even fought Hamill. where have you been

Post #20   12/12/09 3:16:27PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
I need to see him against top 10 competition before I crwon him the next champion. His striking is wild and i think Lyoto would smash him in a stand up battle.

Post #21   12/13/09 4:34:37PM   

Nodachi

Learning to Sprawl

Nodachi Avatar

Career:1,728-1,084
Chips:
Jon Jones is about the hottest prospect right now, I see this guy winning again soon , his next fight will most likely against be a big name. Maybe Franklin, after that win he will fight a top ten ranked opponent and then for the #1 contender and then for the belt. Im calling this guy to fight for the belt by mid 2011

Last edited 12/13/09 5:04PM server time by nodachi
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   12/13/09 5:02:13PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by fonduktoe

Posted by seanfu

Posted by sbulldavid

The dude is real, I've never seen a guy that green be so dominant against the quality of opponents he faced. I still want to see what he looks like when he gets hit or dominated on the ground but it might not happen for a while. If he develops knockout power and a solid submission defense we could be looking at the most dominant fighter in MMA in another year and a half. He moves as well as I've seen a fighter his size move.

GSP of the 205 class.

i'll go out on a limb and say he has an even more diverse skillset than gsp

No way... This is getting a little out of hand here. Jones striking still needs major improvements.

Will he be a champ someday? Probably, look at how young he is right now he has all kinds of potential. But damn people, I think Shogun, Machida, Evans, would all handle Jones (now and over the next two years)

Post #23   12/13/09 5:46:35PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2