Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

I just wanna be one of the first to say this!

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

cj_striker

MMA Regular

cj_striker Avatar

Career:341-252
Camp: Crucible Fighting Systems
Chips:
Jon Jones will be the LHW champion within the next two to three years for sure! That dude is just down right scary man, if I were his next opponent after seeing what he did to Matt Hammill (who in my mind is definitely a top 20-25 LHW), I would be very afraid. Hammill is one of the strongest wrestlers if not the strongest wrestler in the LHW division and Jones just dominated him badly, I was in total awe seriously. I know he threw some illegal blows and got DQed but that fight was over way before that. Unless he pulls a Brandon Vera and just somehow forgets how to fight like he is right now that dude will be a champion sooner than later mark my words.

Post #1   12/7/09 11:08:41PM   

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:
I agree completely, but if u wanted to be the first to say this i think ur a little late. Since his first fight in the ufc against andre gusmao people have been saying he has potential to be the next champ. Even after he beat bonnar i remember franklin mcneil saying on mma live that he would be a champ in a few years.

Post #2   12/7/09 11:15:29PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
I'd ay a bit longer than 3 years but he'll defiantly be champion one day. He's still a long way from Rua, Evans, Machida and Rampage but he's a freak for a guy my age!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #3   12/7/09 11:22:21PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:
i'm saying the end of 2011 he'll have a belt around his waist.

Post #4   12/7/09 11:25:06PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,775-1,119
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

My teammate is 100% right IMO this dude is only getting better with team Jackson and with a reach like his that itself is tough but his takedowns are sick I say match him up with a top 10 guy to see how he does maybe Franklin when he is ready to come back

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #5   12/7/09 11:36:44PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,358-789
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
The dude is real, I've never seen a guy that green be so dominant against the quality of opponents he faced. I still want to see what he looks like when he gets hit or dominated on the ground but it might not happen for a while. If he develops knockout power and a solid submission defense we could be looking at the most dominant fighter in MMA in another year and a half. He moves as well as I've seen a fighter his size move.

Post #6   12/8/09 12:15:49AM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

The dude is real, I've never seen a guy that green be so dominant against the quality of opponents he faced. I still want to see what he looks like when he gets hit or dominated on the ground but it might not happen for a while. If he develops knockout power and a solid submission defense we could be looking at the most dominant fighter in MMA in another year and a half. He moves as well as I've seen a fighter his size move.

GSP of the 205 class.

Post #7   12/8/09 2:05:09AM   

Doneskiis

MMA Regular

Doneskiis Avatar

Career:245-173
Chips:
i have a feeling he wont

Post #8   12/8/09 3:21:59AM   

fonduktoe

In Full Mount

fonduktoe Avatar

Career:1,466-909
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Posted by sbulldavid

GSP of the 205 class.

i'll go out on a limb and say he has an even more diverse skillset than gsp

Post #9   12/8/09 3:23:39AM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:2,775-1,531
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I think Jon Jones will eventualy face Lyoto Machida for the LHW title.

Post #10   12/8/09 2:40:14PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,418-848
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I hope you guys are right because it would be cool to have Jones be a champ at such a young age.......
But I haven't seen nutthugging this bad since Machida beat Rashad Evans, and we all know how Machida's next fight went. Not that there is any correlation between Jones fight and Machida's, but Machida's fight with Shogun just shows that nothing is a sure bet in MMA. I'm surprised so many people are cementing themselves onto Jones' bandwagon so quickly....I thought you would have learned.

Then again, who am I to judge? I was one of the people who thought Machida would be unstoppable once he was the champion and he 'lost' his next fight......

I really like Jones, I've wanted him to beat everyone I have seen him fight thus far, but I think it's a bit early to tell if he'll fight Machida for the belt any time soon...

Bold predictions though.

Post #11   12/8/09 3:03:16PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,329-737
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Well I will say Jones looked great against a MId-level LHW but lets see how he does against the upper level guys before we start think he is the next LHW champ. He is young and could become great but at this point we just don't know. I think a good match up for him would be Franklin at this point.

Post #12   12/8/09 6:14:24PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
the whole groupof posters above are a bunch of band-wagon , jumping the gun crazies. the guy was awesome dont get me wrong , but lets not pretend that there arnt 10 guys ahead of matt in the ufc. its going to be tough sledding and ill wait a little while to get on the band wagon. we have seen lots of guys come on the scene and do good then the top guys study them and its a whole new story when they move up in competition.

Post #13   12/8/09 10:29:47PM   

RandyCouture

MMA Regular

RandyCouture Avatar

Career:1,524-786
Chips:
This guy does have raw talent and I agree he will be a champs sooner then later. He has sick throws and tosses and his aggression is amazing. on the ground he threw like 40 strikes in a matter of like 30 seconds just over and over on hamill. With improment in the next year or so watch out LHW division. He's a pretty big LHW too, In a dream world he would accomplish what vera wanted to do. LHW and HW champion but it will prob never ever happen.

Post #14   12/9/09 3:38:09PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

I just wanna be one of the first to say this!

...and Tito Ortiz wanted to be the first guy to nail Jenna Jameson, too.

Post #15   12/9/09 4:21:20PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2