Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Sponsor Hoelzer Reich, Neo-Nazi sympathizers?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

duggy

MMA Regular

duggy Avatar

Career:1,673-897
Chips:
I manage a few fighters, and they offered one of my guys a sponsorship, even had them on their page. I had been dealing with him about it for a few months because I saw how much of a problem it was going to be. I stumbled onto the UG thread fest on HR and was relieved that many people were outraged. Needless to say, my fighter is no longer on any of their propaganda and is far from their sh*t storm.

It is not that they use a single skull (totenkompf) or iron cross. It is the sum of the whole, using the skull, cross, suspect logo, ss bolts, reference to fourth reich, referring to their one black fighter as a man of "color", association w/ high ranking neo nazi, and affiliation with a band he is in, sponsoring open white supremacist fighter niko puhakka, not using the same story when explaining themselves, almost exact copy of aryan wear shirt, pictures of owner of company in Hells Angels support shirts... I mean, how many coincidences could there possibly be? The fact that they keep skirting the direct question is what is truly puzzling, and releasing press statements that dont answer anything of significance. Hopefully they will release some more statements to clarify their position because they seem to be getting their stories crossed a lot as more unfolds.

Dont get me wrong, they should be allowed to do business, but with focusing on such a controversial time, WW1 and WW2 germany, they should make a stance on where they stand and stick to it. They should have expected a public backlash as well. All this back door ish is shady and further clouds their credibility to be in such a diverse sport.

end rant/

Post #16   12/8/09 1:11:37AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,706-1,712
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
IMO they are racist and anyone that doesn't see that is either ignorant or racist themselves and trying to protect them.

Post #17   12/8/09 2:36:37AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
My biggest problem is SS bolts. In all honesty i'm facinated with the Nazi's war plans, and I don't know why but theres nothing in the world I enjoy learning about then WWII and mainly the Nazi's part of it. I don't condone what they did and I know that the SS wasn't just a death squad but Himmler was put in charge of the final solution and as the head of the SS there is no way around that symbol being taken as anything other then racist.

Post #18   12/8/09 3:52:22AM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:
I don't think it can be argued that they are not company that supports racism. My interest more lies around the UFC's decision to give them airtime.

Post #19   12/8/09 3:13:19PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Career:667-394
Camp: MMAForReal.com
Chips:
I am Jewish,by heritage.I lost a lot of family in the Holocaust.So do I find the shirts offensive?Yes.

But I don't understand the big outrage over it.People walk around all the time with Che or Mao shirts on,and both of those guys are just as bad as Hitler-in fact,Mao might be even worse.But you see,those guy's have become "cool" symbols of today's counterculture,hence they are PC to have on your shirt or car window.

It's total hypocricy to get on someone for wearing something Nazi related and then give the next guy with a Che t-shirt and a Mao tattoo a pass.

But when you get right down to it,this is America.We can have whatever sort of political/social views we want,which is why this country is so great.I'm positive I offend people every day,walking around town in a Realtree jacket or wearing an NRA hat.To me,I'm just wearing my normal attire.If they don't like it,tough.

Whether or not the UFC wants to show that kind of stuff on it's broadcasts,is a business decision on their part.Just because they let a fighter walk out with that shirt,doesn't mean they support the views of that shirtmaker's company.

There are more pressing issues in the world at the moment to get our panties in a wad over.

Brian.

Last edited 12/8/09 3:51PM server time by WheelchairBandit
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #20   12/8/09 3:49:26PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
HR is obviously formerly/currently racist but it seems they are trying to distance themselves from the hate to create a more marketable product... BloodyElbows facts seemed pretty weak, but the picture of there eagle shirt does enough to show the connection...

Obviously UFC didnt spend to much time looking into this before they allowed the sponsor and after this Mini-Controversy it will now be banned end of story. HR can go back to sponsoring former skinhead Fighters/Bands and we wont have to hear any more crap about em...

P.S.
I hate all these Racist groups, they make me look racist...
I am very proud of my white race, but whenever you hear white pride you think of skinheads/neo-nazis/KKK.

No I am not racist, but I am proud to be white...

Post #21   12/8/09 4:41:57PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,937-1,115
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
From Ross Pearson:

Hi guys, I am no longer sponsored by this company. The first I heard about them was two days ago when my manager asked me to pose for pictures with their tshirt on. I thought that the imagery was a but ‘funny’ so when I got back to my hotel I checked them out and I wasnt happy with being associated with them. I have now broken ties with them and will not be sponsored by them for this fight or any further fight. This is not what I really want to be doing on fight day but I feel strongly about it and I woudn’t want my fans to think that I had let them down. Ross ‘the real deal’ Pearson

The thread over at Bloody Elbow on this subject is well worth a read people. backed up with plenty of sources and interesting stuff

Post #22   12/8/09 5:05:19PM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Chips:

Posted by WheelchairBandit

But I don't understand the big outrage over it.People walk around all the time with Che or Mao shirts on,and both of those guys are just as bad as Hitler-in fact,Mao might be even worse.

Worse? I don't know.

It's total hypocricy to get on someone for wearing something Nazi related and then give the next guy with a Che t-shirt and a Mao tattoo a pass.

I agree. I hate seeing Che shirts on some dipshit kid that obviously doesn't know what they're representing. I was in Spain a few years ago and I was startled at the amount of Che shirts I saw on the kids there. Especially when considering Spain was ruled under a dictatorship as recently as the '70's I believe. (Franco claimed to be anti-communist for the record).

Whether or not the UFC wants to show that kind of stuff on it's broadcasts,is a business decision on their part.Just because they let a fighter walk out with that shirt,doesn't mean they support the views of that shirtmaker's company.

True, however the UFC has banned sponsors for less. Affliction was banned as a sponsor when they decided to delve into the MMA promotion business for example.

Just thought it was a curious choice for the UFC to make.

Post #23   12/8/09 5:05:41PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,937-1,115
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Zuffa Bans Hoelzer Reich as a Fighter Sponsor

World Extreme Cagefighting general manager Reed Harris told Cagewriter that Zuffa fighters will no longer be allowed to wear Hoelzer Reich clothing in their fights. (Zuffa owns botht the UFC and WEC.)

It does not matter what the iron cross, SS or any of the other symbols meant before they were used by Nazis, or how brief the association was with Nazi Germany. The evil committed by Adolf Hitler and the Third Reich ensured that those symbols will always come to symbolize the worst of humanity.

LINK

Last edited 12/8/09 7:15PM server time by MMAcca

Post #24   12/8/09 7:15:37PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,526-889
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by CwB

HR is obviously formerly/currently racist but it seems they are trying to distance themselves from the hate to create a more marketable product... BloodyElbows facts seemed pretty weak, but the picture of there eagle shirt does enough to show the connection...

Obviously UFC didnt spend to much time looking into this before they allowed the sponsor and after this Mini-Controversy it will now be banned end of story. HR can go back to sponsoring former skinhead Fighters/Bands and we wont have to hear any more crap about em...

P.S.
I hate all these Racist groups, they make me look racist...
I am very proud of my white race, but whenever you hear white pride you think of skinheads/neo-nazis/KKK.

No I am not racist, but I am proud to be white...

Without trying to get to philosophical or political on the thread (remember the politics are not allowed on these forums!!),this right here hits it on the head to an extent.

Their are so many "race" groups out their it's just crazy.
The smaller the world gets the more "inward" groups want to get.
Our exsistance on the his huge rock has went from tribal communities to one huge global community that is fighting against becoming that.

I would also like to point out it's very easy to point out the horrors commited by the Nazi's, yet we seem to turn a blind eye (if we even know about it) when our own country creates horrors just as great if not greater than those created by the Nazi's.

For example, the DDT epidemic that is on our own goverments hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSYla0y9Wcs

Last edited 12/8/09 8:09PM server time by mrsmiley

Post #25   12/8/09 8:08:59PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Chips:
Morgan Freeman's solution to the race problem

Brian.

Post #26   12/8/09 10:25:41PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Chips:

Yup,you can thank Rachel Carson and "Silent Spring" for that.And we're about to get our comeupins via Al Gore's "An Inconvienent Truth" and all the "climate change" regulations and taxes they are going to slap on us.It's going to get REALLY interesting here in a year or so when they implement all this crap and everyones energy bills double or triple.That ought to go over real well.........

Brian.

Post #27   12/8/09 10:43:55PM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Chips:

Posted by WheelchairBandit

Yup,you can thank Rachel Carson and "Silent Spring" for that.And we're about to get our comeupins via Al Gore's "An Inconvienent Truth" and all the "climate change" regulations and taxes they are going to slap on us.It's going to get REALLY interesting here in a year or so when they implement all this crap and everyones energy bills double or triple.That ought to go over real well.........

Brian.

Let's stick to the topic. Remember, politics are banned from these forums.

Post #28   12/8/09 11:06:56PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by fullfighting

I'm not racist but people are free to believe what ever they want and you can't stop them.

I didn't think that you are I should have added to it that more then anything the UFC shouldn't support a clothing company with ties to racists groups.

Post #29   12/8/09 11:16:38PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2