Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Matt Hamill suffered dislocated shoulder at TUF 10 Finale

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Matt Hamill suffered a dislocated left shoulder during his disqualification win over Jon Jones at The Ultimate Finale 10, which took place this past Saturday, Dec. 5, in Las Vegas.

Hamill, fighting in the night's co-main event on Spike TV, was injured during a Jones throw early in the bout, and it was downhill from there for the three-time NCAA Division III national wrestling champion.

Hamill and his team are en route from Las Vegas to Utica, N.Y., and it is expected "The Hammer" will be issued a medical suspension of some kind.

Hamill's trainer, Duff Holmes, confirmed the injury with MMAjunkie.com in an e-mail and added that Hamill will undergo an MRI to check for any soft tissue damage.

"He showed so much heart hanging in there with only one arm," Holmes said. "He's a true warrior, and I've never been more proud of him. It was the first time in 11 pro fights that he's ever been taken down. I was happy with his performance until that point, and he showed his continued growth as a well-rounded fighter.

Link

Post #1   12/7/09 5:59:39AM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I so wish Jones didnt throw 2 illegal shots out of, the 45 shots thrown while in mount.
if Jones woulda just stood up, he woulda won, that simple, if he wouldve tried to work a submission, won, if he did nohing for the rest of the round, he woulda won that fight.
Hamil quit this fight not because of illegal blows, Hamil didnt even know any illegal shots were thrown, he was forced to quit because of this shoulder this topic is referring to.
They should reverse the dec to a TKO for Jones or a N/C at best

Post #2   12/7/09 8:44:23AM   

matt_black

MMA Regular

matt_black Avatar

Career:467-269
Chips:

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

I so wish Jones didnt throw 2 illegal shots out of, the 45 shots thrown while in mount.
if Jones woulda just stood up, he woulda won, that simple, if he wouldve tried to work a submission, won, if he did nohing for the rest of the round, he woulda won that fight.
Hamil quit this fight not because of illegal blows, Hamil didnt even know any illegal shots were thrown, he was forced to quit because of this shoulder this topic is referring to.

Defiantly not, Hamil was losing, but was still in the fight, he never quit as soon as he popped his shoulder, he was fighting with it, jones just made the mistake of throwing two illegal elbows that were obviously extremely damaging and cannot be taken back by just allowing for 5 minutes of recovery. Jon just made the mistake, he's a pro, he knows the rules and he broke then, post fight he even said he was at peace with the DQ so i dont see why there should be any argument otherwise.

Post #3   12/7/09 12:23:12PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,020-1,645
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Actually, he threw twice that many shots...I decided to count and came up with 89.

Post #4   12/7/09 1:38:17PM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,385-918
Chips:

Posted by matt_black

Defiantly not, Hamil was losing, but was still in the fight, he never quit as soon as he popped his shoulder, he was fighting with it, jones just made the mistake of throwing two illegal elbows that were obviously extremely damaging and cannot be taken back by just allowing for 5 minutes of recovery. Jon just made the mistake, he's a pro, he knows the rules and he broke then, post fight he even said he was at peace with the DQ so i dont see why there should be any argument otherwise.

Hamill wasn't in the fight man - he was on the ground taking a beating - there was only one way the fight was going from there (before the illegal shots) a win for Jones, and one place Hamill was going after - the ER.

Post #5   12/7/09 1:56:15PM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Hamil was a mess, like I said if that ight got stood up, Hamil would not continue, how could he, they wouldnt let a man with a disloacted shoulder fight lol
Hamil is a very lucky man that Jones made a mistake or else it woulda been another 90 seconds of the worst beating of his life

Post #6   12/7/09 4:03:44PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
KARMA - What goes around def comes around. Hamill lost to Bisping when he should have won and now he gets a W against Bones when he should have lost. One day things will even out for Bones.

Post #7   12/7/09 6:05:50PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

KARMA - What goes around def comes around. Hamill lost to Bisping when he should have won and now he gets a W against Bones when he should have lost. One day things will even out for Bones.

lol good call.

sucks Hammil lost though I really like him. Jones is badass too though hopefully he rebounds and ***** someone else up maybe with a bigger name.

Post #8   12/7/09 6:58:23PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
I was about to call 911 to rescue that deaf guy....he was getting beat down badly.

If I saw this on the street I would intervene to save a life. He was outclassed and while I'm a Bones Jones fan, that surprised me too.

Post #9   12/7/09 7:50:28PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
Well the shoulder injury explains the complete lack of defense on the ground...

Post #10   12/7/09 9:04:47PM