Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Chuck vs Rampage who will reign supreme?

Print  
Iceman vs Rampage
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 36 46%
Chuck "The Iceman" Liddel 42 54%
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

KEENAN9

Learning to Sprawl

KEENAN9 Avatar

Career:27-19
Camp: We're #1
Chips:
Rampage kicked his ass the first time and will do it again.

Post #16   4/10/07 6:30:22PM   

BWWREPRESENT

Learning to Sprawl

BWWREPRESENT Avatar

Career:4-9
Chips:
ok i want to see him win then if he will beat him like he did last time

yeah just kidding Iceman all the way

Post #17   4/10/07 7:15:36PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by BWWREPRESENT

Posted by Mastodon2

I hope Quinton gets back into the "Rampage" mindset and destroys Chuck again!

he never destroyed chuck watch the video the announcers had no idea why the fight got stopped

had no idea? Look at the expression on Chucks face. He looks like he's about to weep. And what did he do to defend himself?

Shimada stepped in when Rampage mounted him. It would've been way worse if they let it go on.

He destroyed Chuck for sure. Not so sure he will do it again though but I hope so. Getting tired of all these Chuck-huggers. They're almost worse than Penn and Tito-huggers.

Post #18   4/10/07 7:22:35PM   

Khon_Nan

Learning to Sprawl

Career:50-40
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

He destroyed Chuck for sure. Not so sure he will do it again though but I hope so. Getting tired of all these Chuck-huggers

Agreed I'd like to see Chuck getting owned again

Post #19   4/10/07 9:09:34PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Yes his topic has been done to death, but as there was no thread on the first 5 pages of the forum you can't really blame a new guy fro strarting it.. I''ll take Chuck by KO round 3.

Last edited 4/10/07 10:58PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #20   4/10/07 10:55:49PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,842-1,052
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
It will be interesting to see if Chuck watches some vids and realizes when it comes to ko'ing Rampage, it's all in the knees.

Last edited 4/11/07 2:17AM server time by ncordless
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   4/11/07 2:17:26AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:

Posted by BWWREPRESENT

Posted by Mastodon2

I hope Quinton gets back into the "Rampage" mindset and destroys Chuck again!

he never destroyed chuck watch the video the announcers had no idea why the fight got stopped

Are you kidding? Chuck was rocked about 3 or 4 times in the first round, by the 2nd Dana White was admitting that Chuck was getting trashed, Rampage took Chuck down, started hitting him hard in the face, but then started elbowing Chuck in the ribs hard for about 30 seconds, Chuck could barely breath!

Chuck was gasping painfully for breath, and while at first it wasnt clear why the fight was stopped, when the commentators saw it from another angle they saw that Chuck's team had thrown the towel in, he was at a point where comeback was impossible.

Post #22   4/11/07 4:17:11AM   

Northrend

In Full Mount

Northrend Avatar

Career:110-62
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
Rampage, I see the fight going almost exactlly the same way as fight number 1 except lasting longer.

Post #23   4/11/07 5:40:45AM   

BIGKAT

Banned

Career:267-177
Chips:
Chuck will knock him out...without doubt.

This is a different day dn time, Rampage will see stars when it's all said and done.

Open to wagers, so just send them.....

Post #24   4/11/07 2:58:09PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by BIGKAT

This is a different day dn time, Rampage will see stars when it's all said and done.

I'm having a hard time sending the wager. If you watch the vid, there are noticible differences in the way that chuck fights now. For one he doesn't keep his hands out and low like he normally does for those looping overhands and hooks. Second, this was the second fight of the night for chuck, and as everyone will agree, he is not known for his cardio. However if you watch his first fight of the night he was throwing lots of punchs. Anyway, I'm not a fan of Chuck's so I can't say that I want him to win, but I would be stupid to say that this fight is going the same exact way. His sprawl is better, his counter punching his better, and his power is friggin unmatched in the LHW division.

On the other hand, Rampage is known for his titanium jaw and his power slams. If anyone can take a hit from Chuck, it will be mr jackson. I personally think that Rampage is the only fighter in the world that would still be standing after 17 knees to the face from Wanderlei Silva. Shit, he was still concious after being worked by Mauricio Rua for 10 minutes with punches and knees and head stomps and running kicks.

So you gotta ask yourself, does Chuck have the same power in his punches that Wanderlei Silva has in his 17 knees. If he does, then he still needs more to knock him out.

Post #25   4/11/07 3:14:32PM   

BWWREPRESENT

Learning to Sprawl

BWWREPRESENT Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Yes his topic has been done to death, but as there was no thread on the first 5 pages of the forum you can't really blame a new guy fro strarting it.. I''ll take Chuck by KO round 3.

thanks hippy but serioulsy guys 4 years ago chuck lost he has beat everyone he has lost to besides Rampage i highly doubt he will lose to him a gain

Post #26   4/11/07 3:45:06PM   

chentay2112

MMA Regular

chentay2112 Avatar

Career:63-46
Camp: We're #1
Chips:
i'm leaning towards a chuck KO in the later rounds...

i think his sprawl has improved so much since he last fought RAMPAGE i know that RAMPAGE can take a punch (before i get loads of replies telling me this) but i think that since the first fight CHUCK has improved his game so much...

watch the 2nd and 3rd RANDY fights and the TITO fights to see this... both his takedown defence and his striking have improved... he's a lot harder to take down now and is a lot more patient with his striking

if anyone can stop CHUCK then i would have to say it would be RAMPAGE so i'm just looking forward to a WAR between these two

Post #27   4/11/07 3:52:05PM   

BWWREPRESENT

Learning to Sprawl

BWWREPRESENT Avatar

Chips:

Posted by chentay2112

i'm leaning towards a chuck KO in the later rounds...

i think his sprawl has improved so much since he last fought RAMPAGE i know that RAMPAGE can take a punch (before i get loads of replies telling me this) but i think that since the first fight CHUCK has improved his game so much...

watch the 2nd and 3rd RANDY fights and the TITO fights to see this... both his takedown defence and his striking have improved... he's a lot harder to take down now and is a lot more patient with his striking

if anyone can stop CHUCK then i would have to say it would be RAMPAGE so i'm just looking forward to a WAR between these two

heck Chuck better win because i dont like Rampage he is just annoying with the chain and all the junk that he does its like when Gulliard came in with this is why im hot and he lost in seconds i was cracking up because he didnt need such a stupid song it just disgraces MMA

Post #28   4/11/07 4:13:33PM   

Northrend

In Full Mount

Northrend Avatar

Career:110-62
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:

Posted by BIGKAT

Once I hopefully win massive cash off Werdum ill send you a wadger. Chuck is going down!

Post #29   4/11/07 6:26:44PM   

Zvonimir

MMA Regular

Zvonimir Avatar

Career:279-164
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Rampage by destruction. (again)

Post #30   4/11/07 7:43:24PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3