Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

War Machine tells his side of the story

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Cindi: Well the first rumor to clear up is- That the fight started because you hit Alanah Rae. Did you hit her? Were you two fighting? What were you fighting about?

WM: No I did not hit Alanah. We were not fighting. We are not bf/gf, we are friends and hang out often and are BOTH very confused as to how this accusation came about.

Cindi: How & why did the fight start?

WM: I was outside talking to a guy I met a week ago named Daniel and was suddenly swarmed by Derek and 6–10 other guys. They were telling me that I hit Alanah and they were cursing at me saying that if that is true I’m gonna get ****** up. I told them I had no idea what they were talking about and told them to even ask Alanah. They persisted and grew more and more angry the more I denied it. They began to circle around me and I was sure I was gonna get ****** up because I was so heavily out numbered and that’s when we started fighting.

Cindi: Who did the fight start with first?

WM: I don’t know. Someone lunged forward at me in my peripheral vision and I turned and hit him as he did.

LINK

Post #1   12/4/09 10:53:41AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Chips:
Interesting...for his sake, I hope it's true.

Post #2   12/4/09 11:12:43AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
You know even if he's telling the truth it's a position he put himself in. One day he's going to realize he's surrounded himself with negativity based on the way he goes about his own business. I mean this is a guy who threatened to kill all the "haters" before he goes out and he did it right where everyone can see it. The law, his enemies, his friends, everyone.

I'm not saying he deserves to have people kick his ass based on what may or may not have happened, but I am saying he has to accept some of the responsibility for the circumstances because of the way he goes about his daily life.

Far be it from me to judge this man, but some perspective needs to be put on this before it gets spun out of control for one side or the other. I just hope he straightens up and learns from all this crap. Otherwise I see prison in his very near future and I won't feel sorry for him when he ends up there.

Post #3   12/4/09 11:13:24AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

You know even if he's telling the truth it's a position he put himself in. One day he's going to realize he's surrounded himself with negativity based on the way he goes about his own business. I mean this is a guy who threatened to kill all the "haters" before he goes out and he did it right where everyone can see it. The law, his enemies, his friends, everyone.

I'm not saying he deserves to have people kick his ass based on what may or may not have happened, but I am saying he has to accept some of the responsibility for the circumstances because of the way he goes about his daily life.

Far be it from me to judge this man, but some perspective needs to be put on this before it gets spun out of control for one side or the other. I just hope he straightens up and learns from all this crap. Otherwise I see prison in his very near future and I won't feel sorry for him when he ends up there.

Good point.

If you put yourself in bad situations surrounded by shady/bad people, then bad things are going to happen. Ultimately, you're responsible.

I do not feel sorry for him. I feel no remorse. He put himself in this situation.

Post #4   12/4/09 11:17:45AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
I feel bad for him. Its not nice to be in a situation where your messing up constantly, then you start getting other peoples ****, or stuff you know nothing about thrown on top of you aswell. Dude was at a party, having a good time. He didnt put himself in a postion to be attacked. Everything ive heard about this incident inclines me to believe he is actually friends with the chick and didnt hit her.

Last edited 12/4/09 12:07PM server time by aaronno9
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   12/4/09 12:06:35PM   

submissionartist1

KING of the COMPOUND

submissionartist1 Avatar

Career:490-392
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:
If your a professional no need to spend all day at a party, from setting up till the angry mob chases you out is too long...

Post #6   12/4/09 12:13:50PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:

Posted by submissionartist1

If your a professional no need to spend all day at a party, from setting up till the angry mob chases you out is too long...

How do you know how long he'd been there before the incident happened? Just becouse hes a pro doesnt mean he can only stay at parties for specific amounts of time. Look at Liddell, you think when hes out partying it turns 11 and hes calling a cab becouse he cant stay out later, being a pro?

Post #7   12/4/09 12:17:19PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by submissionartist1

yeah a professional in any field shouldnt be allowed to go to a party for too long...

gimme a f'n break with this "hes got to act like a professional" crap i see on here all the time when a fighter screws up. these guys arent running for office or making the decisions that mold a company or country, these guys are fighters, so if they should act professional according to their job titles they should be fighting with people. i dont agree with just about everything WM says or does, but for someone to sit behind a keyboard and spew garbage about fighters having to maintain some level of professionalism is ludicrous. explain to me why he shouldnt go to a party and "normal" people should because i just dont get it.

Last edited 12/4/09 12:26PM server time by cowcatcher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   12/4/09 12:22:28PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,763-1,756
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think he just misused the word professional/professionalism. That should only be applied to things like when Sean Salmon threw that fight, or when Karo missed 2 weigh-ins, when all the guys get caught using banned substances, ect.....

Post #9   12/4/09 1:42:00PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,356-1,302
Chips:
Well, at least his "movie" career is still in tact.

Post #10   12/4/09 1:50:34PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

I feel bad for him. Its not nice to be in a situation where your messing up constantly, then you start getting other peoples ****, or stuff you know nothing about thrown on top of you aswell. Dude was at a party, having a good time. He didnt put himself in a postion to be attacked. Everything ive heard about this incident inclines me to believe he is actually friends with the chick and didnt hit her.

She posted on her Twitter that he did hit her.

Post #11   12/4/09 3:18:45PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by postman

I am not defending the actions of anyone in this case, but a point I want to make is that it's bad enough that we live in a world where accusations alone can destroy someone's life, least of all anonymous "tweets" or "blurbs" made over the net/twitter/texts/etc. Let's put aside the fact that things are so easily taken out of context when written, especially texted, but come on, anyone can make a bogus twitter account or log into someone else's account and post whatever they want.

Post #12   12/4/09 3:30:22PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,442-795
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Post #13   12/4/09 4:17:52PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,356-1,302
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Posted by postman

I am not defending the actions of anyone in this case, but a point I want to make is that it's bad enough that we live in a world where accusations alone can destroy someone's life, least of all anonymous "tweets" or "blurbs" made over the net/twitter/texts/etc. Let's put aside the fact that things are so easily taken out of context when written, especially texted, but come on, anyone can make a bogus twitter account or log into someone else's account and post whatever they want.

Absolutely true ...I followed several UFC fighters on Twitter before realizing they weren't who they said they were. They stayed "in character" the whole time. Not sure what they benefited from it.

Post #14   12/4/09 4:53:42PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,090-1,176
Chips:
I don't man, he seemed pretty angry and pumped up about doing his cool guy criminal thing after the initial incident happened on twitter and everything. My first reaction is to not believe a word he's saying, he's had way to much time to think about alternate stories and excuses. But whatever, only my opinion, don't like the guy either way.

Post #15   12/4/09 5:03:26PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2