Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Who here has read 'Helter Skelter'?

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Do yourself a favor. READ THIS BOOK! I can't put it down.

Post #1   12/4/09 8:53:42AM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
Can't say that I've read the book. But I am well aware of the circumstances and following investigation. Truly a sick and one-of-a-kind event. The trial afterward was equally as impressive.

Post #2   12/4/09 9:23:12AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

Can't say that I've read the book. But I am well aware of the circumstances and following investigation. Truly a sick and one-of-a-kind event. The trial afterward was equally as impressive.

I pretty much knew the story going in. It's pretty shocking what I didn't know, though. Manson should've never been out of jail to begin with. He was a menace from day 1.

Post #3   12/4/09 9:56:47AM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
Yeah- it's crazy. Just curious, does the book touch at all on the connection Manson had with the Beach Boys?

Post #4   12/4/09 10:17:44AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

Yeah- it's crazy. Just curious, does the book touch at all on the connection Manson had with the Beach Boys?

They've touched on it a little bit. I'm only 300 pages in right now and the book is 630+ pages (I think?).

Post #5   12/4/09 10:27:23AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,171-1,277
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I heard Manson was manipulated by the Illuminati as a way of ending the hippie movement. Dont know much outside of that and Im sure its wrong anyways. LOL what is the connection with the BB's and Manson?

Post #6   12/4/09 6:39:53PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

I heard Manson was manipulated by the Illuminati as a way of ending the hippie movement. Dont know much outside of that and Im sure its wrong anyways. LOL what is the connection with the BB's and Manson?

Someone correct me if this is incorrect, but I believe the story goes that Manson became an acquantince of Dennis Wilson. How this happened I believe is disputed, but Manson was trying to become a musician, and Wilson ended up funding some recordings of Manson, and introducing him to some of his friends, one of whom owned a house that ended up being the site of the Sharon Tate murders. Eventually Manson creeped everyone out by doing a series of creepy things, and I believe he got kind of "cut-off" from this group, and the murders took place soon after.

Post #7   12/4/09 6:56:54PM   

Coolhand37

MMA Regular

Coolhand37 Avatar

Career:1,323-1,364
Camp: Brazilian Beatdown
Chips:
Its a shame that we men discuss or are fascinated with worthless human beings that should be exterminated. i swear to Goodness if Manson and I were ever in the same cell, he wouldn't make it to the next day! ughhh! him and his whole crew were dumb young adults hooked on hallucinogens and should have been given the death penalty for the brutal murdere of a pregnant lady.

Post #8   12/14/09 1:16:09PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Coolhand37

i swear to Goodness if Manson and I were ever in the same cell, he wouldn't make it to the next day!

Then that makes you no better than him.

Post #9   12/14/09 1:48:09PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RyanC

Posted by Wallass

Someone correct me if this is incorrect, but I believe the story goes that Manson became an acquantince of Dennis Wilson. How this happened I believe is disputed, but Manson was trying to become a musician, and Wilson ended up funding some recordings of Manson, and introducing him to some of his friends, one of whom owned a house that ended up being the site of the Sharon Tate murders. Eventually Manson creeped everyone out by doing a series of creepy things, and I believe he got kind of "cut-off" from this group, and the murders took place soon after.

Dennis Wilson picked up some female hitchhikers. They ended up being members of The Family. They hit it off and eventually word got back to Manson who showed up @ Wilson's door one night. From then on out, Manson and nearly 2 dozen Family members lived @ Wilson's home. Wilson liked Manson and the family. However, eventually Wilson moved out of the home and left it up to his manager to evict Charlie and the rest of the Family. That's when the group went to Spahn Ranch.

Dennis Wilson funded much of EVERYTHING in regards to Manson's crew. He estimated that they cost him over $100,000 during their stay. Clothing, food, doctor's visits and everything else. He even gave Manson some of the Beach Boys' gold records. It's obvious that he liked him but, at this point, I haven't really read much that indicates why he left and ultimately had the Family evicted. He received numerous death threats afterwards.

Last edited 12/14/09 1:53PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   12/14/09 1:50:42PM   

breakdown5

MMA Sensei

breakdown5 Avatar

Career:877-464
Chips:
Definitely a good book.

Post #11   12/14/09 10:27:55PM   

Coolhand37

MMA Regular

Coolhand37 Avatar

Career:1,323-1,364
Camp: Brazilian Beatdown
Chips:
Your right Im dumb meathead that needs to think before i speak i just get emotional sometimes sorry.

Post #12   10/17/10 3:18:23AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by Coolhand37

Its a shame that we men discuss or are fascinated with worthless human beings that should be exterminated. i swear to Goodness if Manson and I were ever in the same cell, he wouldn't make it to the next day! ughhh! him and his whole crew were dumb young adults hooked on hallucinogens and should have been given the death penalty for the brutal murdere of a pregnant lady.

In all honesty I wouldn't fancy my chances being looked in a cell with someone that mental.

Post #13   10/17/10 6:33:45AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by RyanC

Posted by Wallass

Dennis Wilson picked up some female hitchhikers. They ended up being members of The Family. They hit it off and eventually word got back to Manson who showed up @ Wilson's door one night. From then on out, Manson and nearly 2 dozen Family members lived @ Wilson's home. Wilson liked Manson and the family. However, eventually Wilson moved out of the home and left it up to his manager to evict Charlie and the rest of the Family. That's when the group went to Spahn Ranch.

Dennis Wilson funded much of EVERYTHING in regards to Manson's crew. He estimated that they cost him over $100,000 during their stay. Clothing, food, doctor's visits and everything else. He even gave Manson some of the Beach Boys' gold records. It's obvious that he liked him but, at this point, I haven't really read much that indicates why he left and ultimately had the Family evicted. He received numerous death threats afterwards.

Ype, that's pretty much how it unfolded. Great book to read

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #14   10/17/10 8:26:05AM