Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Matt Mitrione plans on showing Marcus Jones 'The Darkness' on Dec. 5

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,244-1,261
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Mitrione's sub D is questionable at best, but he provides some interesting challenges for Marcus. Unlike some of Marcus' other opponents we've seen I highly doubt he will be able to overpower Mitrione like that. We're talking a guy who is nearly as large as Big Baby here.

I think this is what Meathead believes. But I don't think Marcus really has to overpower him very much, nor for very long. Once he gets it to the ground, the fight is his.

Post #16   12/4/09 1:55:31PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

Posted by Jackelope

Mitrione's sub D is questionable at best, but he provides some interesting challenges for Marcus. Unlike some of Marcus' other opponents we've seen I highly doubt he will be able to overpower Mitrione like that. We're talking a guy who is nearly as large as Big Baby here.

I think this is what Meathead believes. But I don't think Marcus really has to overpower him very much, nor for very long. Once he gets it to the ground, the fight is his.

Well it was just another lesson in MMA "never say never". Like I said before- Mitrione provided some unique challenges. Namely the heavy hands and the fact that Marcus would have to fight for the takedown a lot harder than he did before. You can't deny power and size sometimes. Especially with HW's.

That being said, I did pick Marcus for the W and was bummed to see him lose. I thought he'd have some good control once it hit the ground but Mitrione toughed it out. Good for him.

Post #17   12/6/09 2:13:09AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,284-1,206
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Props to Meathead. I didn't think he had it in him.

I'd like to see Marcus work on his boxing and come back as a more complete fighter. I like the guy and would love for him to succeed.

Post #18   12/6/09 9:06:35AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2