Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Diaz will still fight in Cali, but Florida on tap

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Nick Diaz will not be deterred by the California State Athletic Commission’s formal stance on medical marijuana.

Diaz’s manager, Cesar Gracie, said Monday that his fighter would continue to fight in the Golden State, though perhaps not as often.

“Just when he gets licensed, he probably shouldn’t smoke,” said Gracie. “That’s my advice to him. If you’re going to fight, don’t smoke. Besides that, there are a lot of states in the country. He could go fight in Japan. He could fight wherever he wants.”

Link

Post #1   12/1/09 1:27:44AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,497-1,576
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I respect the fact that he is standing his ground concerning the issue (or any that he believes in) but he is and definately will lose this battle. When it comes down to it this drug is and will be illegal in the U.S. for many years to come for the simple fact that high people do dumb ****. From messing up my order in the drive thru to running their cars into telephone poles. I have actually witnessed and been part of these and many other dumb things that have occured because of people being stoned off of marijuana. Otherwise I personally think it's the safest, healthiest choice for people who want a recreational buzz. Way better than alchohal. It's just that if you catch a buzz, you need to stay inside of your pad and just chill, as soon as you go out into the real world you end up screwing something up.

Also as a military member I would hate to have to lead a potheaded little 19 year old private into combat! Stoned or not, it would be very bad very quickly!

Post #2   12/1/09 2:10:59PM