Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Wanderlei: "I fight anyone, the UFC don't need to offer me second options"

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Aaronno9

I like Wand, hes a cool guy. Its not hard to see why hes one of the most popular fighters around. Shame hes going to loose again, I wounder what the UFC will do with him after.

Ya know, I originally thought Bisping might out-point him, but there's a couple of things that changed my mind. First off, Bisping's standup is not as good as Franklin's. Also, Wand says in the interview that he wants to put on a good performance, but he is also looking for the win this time around. That leads me to believe that he will be a bit more strategic in this fight. Even if it's a competitive 3 rounds, I can't see the judges giving it to Bisping, since he'll be backing up the entire fight.

I dont think Wand will beable to cut successfully. I think he'll gas a little after the first round and Bisping with take him down and take the last two rounds, or get a GnP stoppage.

Even if its like you say, and Bisping is backing up all fight, thats what he did against Leben and took an easy decision. Not that im comparing Wand to Chris Leben lol, just making the point you can win a fight on the back foot.

i disagree. he did look a little exhausted in the Franklin fight but it wasn't anything major. i'm positive he has been practicing the weight cut and will make it fine. with that said, when did Bisping become a ridiculous wrestler? i guess since he was able to take down a gassed and unmotivated Denis Kang who fails to ever live up to his true potential he'll take down Wand? doesn't seem logical to me. i can't wait to see Bisping's legs buckle when Wanderlei lands that right hand on Bisping's head just like they did against Henderson and Kang.

War Wanderlei

Didnt say he was an awesome wrestler. Fact of the matter is, he does have reasonable takedowns, and Wand doesnt have the best defence. Typical that Kang must of been gassed for Bisping to beable to take him down .

Wand struggled to make 195, and didnt look good after the first round. Its going to be even harder for him to get down to 185. Im sure all fighters practice weight cuts, but we still see people coming in over, or gassing early due to bad cuts every event. I guess time will tell.

Post #16   11/28/09 5:28:28PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2