Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

After latest win, Billy Evangelista eyeing title shot

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
With an undefeated record and a recent upset victory over UFC veteran Jorge Gurgel at "Strikeforce Challengers IV: Evangelista vs. Gurgel," Strikeforce contender Billy Evangelista (10-0) is quickly climbing the ranks of the promotion's lightweight division.

And after earning a hard-fought win over a "name" opponent, Evangelista recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) that he plans on challenging soon for the organization's lightweight strap.

"I feel that Jorge Gurgel was a big catch for me, and it definitely gave me a big confidence boost winning that fight," Evangelista said. "I would love to take a shot at the title."

Link

Post #1   11/27/09 2:05:37PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,497-1,576
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
How on earth can defeating Gurgel (by decision I will add) makes anyone think they deserve a title shot against Josh or Gilbert!??

Post #2   11/27/09 2:44:52PM