Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bisping looks to bring in “Rampage” as his secret weapon

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,928-1,113
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Speaking from his home in the UK, Bisping said when asked about his preparations:

Fingers crossed we’re going to get “Rampage” out for the training camp as well. Obviously that’s not confirmed yet but we’re going to work on that and hopefully we can get “Rampage” over for the camp. Obviously after fighting him three times no one’s going to know him better than “Rampage” so I should have a definite insight into Wanderlei.”

LINK

Post #1   11/26/09 12:45:30PM   

MiniMan

Standup Guy

MiniMan Avatar

Career:38-27
Chips:
Oh you mean Rampages great coaching advice, The man has proved he is good at fighting, But not so much at helping others fight. Going by the latest TUF anyways...

Isnt Wanderlei 1 up on Mr.T anyways

Post #2   11/26/09 1:05:33PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,509-1,360
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
That's a great idea, but I mean there is a ton of tape of wanderlei out there and he hasn't changed his game much in the past 10 years, so I think it's pretty safe to say Bisping needs to not get caught with one of those big looping hooks.

Post #3   11/26/09 2:14:52PM   

PABLOMAFIOSO

In Full Mount

PABLOMAFIOSO Avatar

Career:979-657
Chips:
Also it would help Bisping to have Rampage's KO power
I think he may be in trouble against Wanderlei

Post #4   11/26/09 3:43:41PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
I actually thought this was a very bad match up for Wand's first fight at MW. Bisping is fantastic at keeping distance and has a solid ground game, if Rampage comes in and helps with his wrestling he's only going to get stronger.
I know people are writing him off already bit Bisping stands a very, very good chance of winning this fight.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #5   11/26/09 8:56:11PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

I actually thought this was a very bad match up for Wand's first fight at MW. Bisping is fantastic at keeping distance and has a solid ground game, if Rampage comes in and helps with his wrestling he's only going to get stronger.
I know people are writing him off already bit Bisping stands a very, very good chance of winning this fight.

How is it a bad matchup for Wand? Bisbing is banking on Wand gassing from the cut or trying to take him down constantly, its known that Wand cut all his weight a day before the Rich fight, if he does it properly he should have zero problems with cardio, in fact hes already looking leaner with months to go. Bisbings not going to obtain wrestling credentials from one training camp or two, he's probably gonna try to do the same thing he did against Hendo and walk into something. There's plenty of MW's that can actually hurt Wand or maybe even put him away standing, he dosnt have to worry about that with Bisbing.

He dosnt even really have to worry about the takedown if you want my honest opinion Wands got a decent sprawl against a guy who isnt that good at takedowns. I honestly cant see Bisbing winning, when Elvis Sinosic can hurt you you're going to have problems with guys who actually knock people out with one shot. If I remember right Elvis didnt even really hit Bisbing that hard with that knee when he went down.

If anyone is being writen off its Wand, just look at the responses around here.

Post #6   11/26/09 11:01:53PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

How is it a bad matchup for Wand? Bisbing is banking on Wand gassing from the cut or trying to take him down constantly, its known that Wand cut all his weight a day before the Rich fight, if he does it properly he should have zero problems with cardio, in fact hes already looking leaner with months to go. Bisbings not going to obtain wrestling credentials from one training camp or two, he's probably gonna try to do the same thing he did against Hendo and walk into something. There's plenty of MW's that can actually hurt Wand or maybe even put him away standing, he dosnt have to worry about that with Bisbing.

He dosnt even really have to worry about the takedown if you want my honest opinion Wands got a decent sprawl against a guy who isnt that good at takedowns. I honestly cant see Bisbing winning, when Elvis Sinosic can hurt you you're going to have problems with guys who actually knock people out with one shot. If I remember right Elvis didnt even really hit Bisbing that hard with that knee when he went down.

If anyone is being writen off its Wand, just look at the responses around here.

I don't mean to write him off at all, I'm just saying its a bad fight for him. I actually think Bisping's best bet at winning this fight it to keep on the outside and out point Wand not try to wrestle with him.
Chuck proved he has problems closing the distance with technical strikers as did Franklin and Bisping is just as good a technical striker as Franklin.

Saying it wasn't that hard of a knee doesn't really mean anything because a knee is one of the strongest blows a person can throw and if you get caught theirs not a lot anyone can do except drop. I'm not a Bisping fan or anything but Wand doesn't have the same power as Hendo and he's not as fast as he used to be.
Bisping main strengths are his ability to keep distance and his speed. Two very big factors in fighting Silva.
I was just giving my point of view and I can see the opposite side of the argument but I just think Bisping should come away with the win. That being said he's never fought anyone who is as aggressive as Wand.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #7   11/27/09 10:26:55AM