Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bisping: “It’s an honour to be fighting Wanderlei Silva”

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
“The Count” confirmed that he had agreed to the bout in principle and that it was simply a matter of signing on the dotted line.

“It’s an honour to be fighting someone with the legendary status of Wanderlei Silva. I recognise he’s a very, very tough fighter. I always respected him as a fighter coming up through the ranks myself. He was a fighter I always looked up to when I was younger and I’ve always enjoyed his fighting style. He’s one of my favourite fighters.”

LINK

Post #1   11/25/09 9:44:39AM   

MiniMan

Standup Guy

MiniMan Avatar

Career:38-27
Chips:
Its going to be a honour to see Wanderlei knock Bisping out cold when im sitting front row! An honour I tell you!

Post #2   11/25/09 10:03:26AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,522-905
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by MiniMan

Its going to be a honour to see Wanderlei knock Bisping out cold when im sitting front row! An honour I tell you!

IMO: Wanderlei Silva needs to look better at 185lbs than he did when he dropped down to 195lbs because against Franklin he seemed to run out of gas a bit.

Post #3   11/25/09 10:58:14AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
Unless Wand catches Bisping in the first (as his last two fights have shown, this is not at all far fetched) I see Mike taking the UD. Wand has to much muscle for 185, and its going to be his first cut. Going against a guy who seems perfectly suited to the division, and can push the pace for 3 rounds without any trouble. If Bispings team have any sense, they'll tell him to be looking for the takedown for the first bell. Hes got no problem rolling with black belts, and his GnP is relentless. Seems to risky trying to bang with a power puncher like Wand.

Post #4   11/25/09 11:16:10AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Unless Wand catches Bisping in the first (as his last two fights have shown, this is not at all far fetched) I see Mike taking the UD. Wand has to much muscle for 185, and its going to be his first cut. Going against a guy who seems perfectly suited to the division, and can push the pace for 3 rounds without any trouble. If Bispings team have any sense, they'll tell him to be looking for the takedown for the first bell. Hes got no problem rolling with black belts, and his GnP is relentless. Seems to risky trying to bang with a power puncher like Wand.

I think we're sharing a brain or something.

I can definitely see Bisping taking this. A couple years ago? Not a chance. Now? I actually think it's likely that he takes a UD.

Post #5   11/25/09 11:18:27AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,598-933
Chips:
I will be rooting for Wand to knock him out, but I see Bisping outpointing him to a decision. I don't think it'll be a on the ground though. Wand will keep it standing and Bisping will pick him apart.

But I hope Wand does what Hendo did

Post #6   11/25/09 11:37:41AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Aaronno9

I can definitely see Bisping taking this. A couple years ago? Not a chance. Now? I actually think it's likely that he takes a UD.

I don't think Wand will have the gas to make it to a UD.

Bisping via TKO late in the 2nd/early 3rd.

Post #7   11/25/09 11:57:14AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,509-889
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Wanderlei's surgery has seemed to help him out dramatically, he's breathing better, not walking around like he's half asleep,he even sounds normal, I think he pulls the upset off. That was the difference between the old Wandy and the recent Wandy,(other than Rampage putting him out), he used to be a relentless whirlwind of aggression. I agree that Wandy's chin isn't what it used to be but it's still above average,but Bisping isn't going to be able to hold Wandy down, he's going to get comfortable on his feet, Wandy's going to graze Bisping and catch him with a knee when he tries to take him down and Bisping will say he felt that he was winning the fight up until then.

Post #8   11/25/09 12:39:26PM   

vomitshovel

MMA Regular

vomitshovel Avatar

Career:136-93
Camp: Xtreme Fight Militia
Chips:
Mmmmm I'd like Wandy to win but unless he's in great shape he wont last a full 3 with someone as proactive as bisping.
Bisping round 3 TKO

Post #9   11/25/09 1:38:05PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

Wanderlei's surgery has seemed to help him out dramatically, he's breathing better, not walking around like he's half asleep,he even sounds normal, I think he pulls the upset off.

1 - How do you know this?
2 - I don't think it would be an upset either way, really.

Post #10   11/25/09 1:39:41PM   

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:

Posted by vomitshovel

Mmmmm I'd like Wandy to win but unless he's in great shape he wont last a full 3 with someone as proactive as bisping.
Bisping round 3 TKO

Im lovin these comments, denis kang making bisping look good in his last fight is going to make me some serious profit in the betting lines

Post #11   11/25/09 3:28:11PM   

Macheetah

MMA Regular

Career:76-50
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Aaronno9

I agree, Bisping taking a UD is most likely if the Wand we have seen lately shows up.

Post #12   11/25/09 3:31:09PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,413-1,434
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
Bisping is showing more class lately as it seems the Hendo fight brought him down to reality and humbled him. I was also really impressed with his ground game against Kang. I think he's going to give Wand a run for his money and this fight with answer a ton of questions about both.

Post #13   11/25/09 4:08:38PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I don't see stamina being a factor in this fight. This fight will come down to whether Wanderlei can land the first punch or whether Bisping and take Wanderlei down. If the former is true, it will be a quick KO for Wanderlei. If the latter is true, expect a GnP UD win for Bisping.

Post #14   11/25/09 4:24:23PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Wanderlei is gonna **** up Bispings face. I cannot wait

Post #15   11/26/09 1:25:07AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2