Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dan Hardy: Koscheck is floating around like ‘a turd that won’t flush away’

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Never one for a loss of words on the subjects that matter, UFC welterweight title challenger Dan Hardy recently had an interesting perspective on Josh Koscheck’s career in the UFC on the heels of some disparaging remarks hurled in The Outlaw’s direction during UFC 106.

“I know there’s somebody here that thinks he’s the number one contender. He thinks he’s the number one contender, and I don’t think he’s fought anybody, and he’s sitting right over there and his name is Dan Hardy,” exclaimed Koscheck following his submission victory over Anthony Johnson this past Saturday. “He hasn’t fought anyone like me, guaranteed. I’m the number one contender in this weight division.”

In a conversation with our friends over at Fight! Magazine, Hardy compared Koscheck’s career in the UFC to….. I’ll allow Dan to explain.

“The thing I’ve realized about Josh Koscheck is that he’s kind of like a turd that won’t flush away,” said Hardy. “He kind of wins a fight, and you think he’s doing alright. Then he loses a fight and you think he’s done, and then he wins a fight. He’s always kind of floating around and he never really does anything.

Link

Post #1   11/25/09 1:42:33AM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,226-867
Chips:
was he trying to insult hardy or swick with that comment?

Post #2   11/25/09 4:41:15AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,270-1,339
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
Dana opens his mouth to soon. Its obvious he thought Swick would beat Hardy and thats why he said winner gets a title shot. I like Hardy but he doesnt deserve it yet. I think KOS and Hardy is a fair fight for the number one contendership. I hate nto say it but I want GSP to get a minor injury that pushes back the scheduled fight with Hardy so they can make Hardy/KOS happen. Kos will give GSP a run for his money as he did steal a round in their first battle. WAR KOS!

Post #3   11/25/09 5:41:38AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
Hardys on a 7 fight win streak, it could be 13 if he didnt get himself DQ'd against Yoshida. Everytime hes fought in the UFC hes been an underdog but he keeps impressing. That, combinded with the way GSP is clearing out the division, make him the only clear number 1 contender at this point.

Kos is good, no doubt about it. But hes already lost to GSP, lost to Alves, then got knocked out by a guy who was a no name at the time. A rematch with Alves for who gets a shot after Hardy is a more realistic match up, in my opinion.

Post #4   11/25/09 8:01:52AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Hardys on a 7 fight win streak, it could be 13 if he didnt get himself DQ'd against Yoshida. Everytime hes fought in the UFC hes been an underdog but he keeps impressing. That, combinded with the way GSP is clearing out the division, make him the only clear number 1 contender at this point.

Kos is good, no doubt about it. But hes already lost to GSP, lost to Alves, then got knocked out by a guy who was a no name at the time. A rematch with Alves for who gets a shot after Hardy is a more realistic match up, in my opinion.

Exactly.

And personally, I don't give a load about whether or not a fighter is a "number one contender". Rankings are crap. I want to see fights and it doesn't matter to me whether they're for a title, a shot at the title, or the first fight on the undercard.

I think some of you get way too wrapped up in titles and title contention.

Post #5   11/25/09 8:36:10AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,460-1,306
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
hardy is 4-0 in the ufc beating davis and swick
i do think one more fight would help but there is no one else and kos doesn't deserve a title shot

Post #6   11/25/09 8:48:11AM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,441-1,325
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

hardy is 4-0 in the ufc beating davis and swick
i do think one more fight would help but there is no one else and kos doesn't deserve a title shot

na he is next in line and GSP needs to fight different contenders....

he also beat Gono in his debut, he hasn't fought a GSP yet b/c he hasn't had the chance, but he is def next in line

Post #7   11/25/09 10:47:47AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,543-899
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think Dan Hardy is the most deserving of a shot. However I don't think I've ever seen the most deserving person be so undeserving. Dan Hardy is getting this shot because there's no one better right now. Thats it.

Post #8   11/25/09 11:40:02AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,384-764
Chips:
What is Hardy trying to prove here? Because he comes off really bad in the interview. He needs to worry less about KOS and more about the whooping he is going to take from GSP.

Post #9   11/25/09 1:56:53PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by telnights

What is Hardy trying to prove here? Because he comes off really bad in the interview. He needs to worry less about KOS and more about the whooping he is going to take from GSP.

I don't think his statements were unprovoked. He was probably asked for his thoughts on Kos and/or Kos' comments @ 106. I can't say that I would have answered any differently.

Post #10   11/25/09 2:04:41PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
I agree that Hardy is probably the logical pick, but not because he deserves it. Fitch, Alves, and Kos are all "higher" ranked, but have lost to GSP relatively recently. That probably only leaves Hardy.

To use his analogy, he imply is the lone turd not to sink yet. Yes, he is 4-0 in the UFC, but 2 split decisions aren't exactly screaming bad ass.

I have to go with Emfleek's response..."And personally, I don't give a load about whether or not a fighter is a "number one contender". Rankings are crap. I want to see fights and it doesn't matter to me whether they're for a title, a shot at the title, or the first fight on the undercard." Unless there is a clear cut #1 who deserves a shot first.

I guess bring on Hardy, then maybe Fitch or Kos will have raised themselves high and leave no question that they have next.

Post #11   11/25/09 4:23:16PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,384-764
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by telnights

I don't think his statements were unprovoked. He was probably asked for his thoughts on Kos and/or Kos' comments @ 106. I can't say that I would have answered any differently.

You maybe right but it still comes off really bad. He has upcoming fight with most likely the best WW ever. Should be worried about that and not wasting his time insulting someone he isn't even fighting.

Post #12   11/25/09 4:57:42PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
Coming from Dan that isnt that bad. He always has a lot to say. He needs to worry about beating GSP a bit more and forget about KOS

Post #13   11/25/09 5:40:50PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:
I'm sure he's focused. It's the biggest fight of his career. This is just a matter of him answering a question when it's asked.

Post #14   11/25/09 6:52:42PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I think some of you get way too wrapped up in titles and title contention.

I agree. Great fights are more entertaining than just "title fights". The "title fights" in the UFC are as political as they are in boxing....the only difference? The promoter is also the belt giver. I would much rather see two evenly matched guys that are hungry going after one another than a title match...however, I THINK that people are TITLE concsious because they ahve to PAY PER VIEW and you want to see Championships for PPV.

Post #15   11/26/09 1:16:35PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2