Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

TUF 10's Darrill Schoonover Recalled To Active Duty (No Spoilers)

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Unfortunately it seems that the TUF 10 fighter affectionately nicknamed "Titties" by Quinton Jackson" will have to put his MMA career on hold after the show. Darrill Schoonover announced yesterday that after he fights on 12/5 at the TUF 10 Finale-of course he can't reveal his opponent yet-he has been recalled by the Army and will return to active duty. He's been out for nearly 2 years after 4 years active service, meaning he's within the window that he can still be recalled, and while he's not 100% sure where he's going, he says it's probably Afghanistan. He hopes to be back and resuming MMA in about a year.

Article

Come back safely when it's over, big guy.

Post #1   11/24/09 7:14:09AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
It's happening to a lot of guys. I'm not sure how I've escaped it so far, maybe because I was stop-lossed initially... I dunno, but a very large portion of my friends who were in with me are back in Afghanistan.

If he's half as tough in Afghanistan as he is in the cage I'm sure Schoonover will be just fine

Post #2   11/24/09 9:37:56AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

stop-lossed

I had never even heard of a stop loss until I saw the movie Stop Loss. I take it that it's a regular occurance? I was under the impression that it doesn't happen too often.

Post #3   11/24/09 9:45:59AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Jackelope

stop-lossed

I had never even heard of a stop loss until I saw the movie Stop Loss. I take it that it's a regular occurance? I was under the impression that it doesn't happen too often.

It is fairly common... I guess. I'd say it happens to 1 out of 10 of us. It just depends on timing. My unit was extended in theater so I was stop-lossed for 8 months. Supposedly DoD is doing away with it now.

Post #4   11/24/09 11:43:58AM   

marcoDGK

Standup Guy

marcoDGK Avatar

Career:317-259
Camp: DGK
Chips:
if that didn't say "Titties" in it I would have had a hard time remembering who that was.

I have a bad memory but he gets so much ish for that on the show that I can't help but remember him!

Post #5   11/24/09 2:51:13PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,337-741
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I didn't know he was military that makes the way Rampage talks to him piss me off even more. Rampage better hope he doesn't ever run in to this kids unit because he will be in a world of hurt if he does.

Good luck and stay safe.

Post #6   11/24/09 2:58:28PM