Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Strikeforce Evolution

Print  
Posted By Message

Andrew_Walker88

Learning to Sprawl

Andrew_Walker88 Avatar

Career:258-229
Camp: C.O.B.
Chips:

Cung Le (6-0) vs Scott Smith (16-6)
Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (10-2) vs. Matt "The Law" Linland (21-6)
Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal (5-0) vs Mike Whitehead (24-7)
Robbie Lawler (16-5) vs TBA

The stakes will be high when STRIKEFORCE closes out a spectacular 2009 with the return of one of the most prolific and exciting fighters in Mixed Martial Arts - unbeaten former STRIKEFORCE world middleweight champion Cung Le, who will face Scott "Hands of Steel" Smith in the main event of a star-studded lineup at HP Pavilion in San Jose, CA. on Saturday, Dec. 19, on SHOWTIME.

Joining Le (6-0) and Smith (16-6) will be three other outstanding and widely recognized 185-pound stalwarts, "Ruthless" Robbie Lawler (16-5), Matt "The Law" Lindland (21-6) and Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (10-2) as well as light heavyweight star (205 pounds) Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal (5-0) going up against Mike Whitehead (24-7). Lindland will face Souza in what represents both fighters' STRIKEFORCE debuts. Opponent for Lawler, whose start will also be his first with STRIKEFORCE, will be announced soon.

Last edited 11/23/09 5:31AM server time by Andrew_Walker88
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   11/23/09 5:30:21AM   

spikerman19

Standup Guy

spikerman19 Avatar

Career:266-174
Camp: Norcal Fight Team
Chips:

Posted by Andrew_Walker88

The stakes will be high when STRIKEFORCE closes out a spectacular 2009 with the return of one of the most prolific and exciting fighters in Mixed Martial Arts - unbeaten former STRIKEFORCE world middleweight champion Cung Le, who will face Scott "Hands of Steel" Smith in the main event of a star-studded lineup at HP Pavilion in San Jose, CA. on Saturday, Dec. 19, on SHOWTIME.

Joining Le (6-0) and Smith (16-6) will be three other outstanding and widely recognized 185-pound stalwarts, "Ruthless" Robbie Lawler (16-5), Matt "The Law" Lindland (21-6) and Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (10-2) as well as light heavyweight star (205 pounds) Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal (5-0) going up against Mike Whitehead (24-7). Lindland will face Souza in what represents both fighters' STRIKEFORCE debuts. Opponent for Lawler, whose start will also be his first with STRIKEFORCE, will be announced soon.

If they want to keep getting bigger, why is Strikeforce not putting this on CBS.

Post #2   11/23/09 5:24:50PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by spikerman19

If they want to keep getting bigger, why is Strikeforce not putting this on CBS.

I agree!!!! Dumb for nothing doing that. I mean maybe CBS has other plans but if they don;t this is just a bad loss a oppurtunity. Minus Fedor, this card IMO is alot more exciting looking then the last one. Theres going to be some exciting finishes in this one.

Also Gilbert-Thompson 2 should be insane! Why are they not on the poster?

Post #3   11/23/09 7:24:35PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
Did I read somewhere today that Melendez Thompson is also happening on this card? If thats the case its going to be a stacked card!

Post #4   11/23/09 7:42:43PM   

Drudinh

MMA Sensei

Drudinh Avatar

Career:1,634-1,079
Chips:
Anyone know where I'll be able to catch this live. Don't wanna watch it on my cpu. I doubt too many bars will be showing this. Though I hope I am wrong.

Post #5   11/24/09 2:36:57AM   

Andrew_Walker88

Learning to Sprawl

Andrew_Walker88 Avatar

Career:258-229
Camp: C.O.B.
Chips:
Well it is going to be shown live on Showtime on the 19th. I fortunately will be there live in San Jose!

Other matches supposed to take place.
Josh Thomson vs. Gilbert Melendez
Evangelista Santos vs. TBA
Scott Lighty vs. Antwain Britt

Post #6   11/24/09 10:59:19AM   

Nodachi

Learning to Sprawl

Nodachi Avatar

Career:1,797-1,117
Chips:
This is looking to be an exciting card, really looking forward to watching this saturday. I think Strikeforce is doing a good job keeping their cards stacked with what they have in there roster, dont you?

Last edited 12/13/09 5:20PM server time by nodachi
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   12/13/09 5:19:50PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,466-914
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:

Posted by Nodachi

This is looking to be an exciting card, really looking forward to watching this saturday. I think Strikeforce is doing a good job keeping their cards stacked with what they have in there roster, dont you?

yes. they are putting on better cards then the ufc imo. the fights are well thought up exciting matchups in strikeforce while still mantaining an order ie title contention. ufc has more fighters but we are getting things like tito and griffin 2 as a main event which wasnt even appealing to me. strikeforce is going places quickly cant wait to see where they are next year or even six months from now.

Post #8   12/13/09 6:57:42PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,526-889
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
They should rename the event "Stacked".

Strikeforce is defenintly building steam and I think this will be another testiment to that.

Post #9   12/13/09 8:39:28PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by spikerman19

I agree!!!! Dumb for nothing doing that. I mean maybe CBS has other plans but if they don;t this is just a bad loss a oppurtunity. Minus Fedor, this card IMO is alot more exciting looking then the last one. Theres going to be some exciting finishes in this one.

They probably have to in order to fulfill contractual obligations with Showtime.

Post #10   12/14/09 8:11:05AM   

keepyourhandsup

Learning to Sprawl

Career:67-56
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by spikerman19

They probably have to in order to fulfill contractual obligations with Showtime.

Showtime and CBS are both divisions under the same CBS Corporate umbrella, so it's all in the same house. I'm sure ya'll already know that Strikeforce's option with CBS is most likely going to turn into a CBS broadcast in April .

As a funny twist of fate, the current CBS Corporation is a spin off of Viacom which owns Spike. They remain majority shareholders. So in a sense Sumner Redstone has a monopoly on all MMA in the US.

Post #11   12/18/09 12:31:33PM